Personal Hot Spot
sfloc

I have started to use my Personal Hot Spot on my phone, how is billing figured?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Personal Hot Spot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the Share Everything Plan the mobile hotspot is included and the data used is taken out of your 1 GB bucket. Although 1 GB isn't a whole lot. You might want to consider increasing the data plan to accommodate the added data usage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It depends. What service plan do you have with Verizon Wireless?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sfloc

Shared unlimted talk and text 1 GB

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the Share Everything Plan the mobile hotspot is included and the data used is taken out of your 1 GB bucket. Although 1 GB isn't a whole lot. You might want to consider increasing the data plan to accommodate the added data usage.

0 Likes
sfloc

Thank you, I sure don't want to go over and get it with overages, I know they can raise my bill alot

0 Likes
sfloc

I am really p'od they did away with the unlimited data

0 Likes
Not applicable

1GB is probably not near enough.  Go to your My Verizon account and look at your data usage for the past 6 months.  Verizon did not do away with unlimited data.  I still have unlimited data and unlimited hotspot.  You just can't keep unlimited data if you purchase a new subsidized phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for taking the time to help out! I really appreciate it.

@sfloc,

I'm glad the community members were able to answer your question regarding the mobile hotspot and your plan. We're always here if you ever need assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Sfloc!

Great questions! Congrats on your new Mobile Hotspot. Your data will be billed according to the amount of Shared Data on your plan. The data in your case will go against the 1GB. You can change your plan at anytime http://bit.ly/xB4iTc if you feel that you would need more data, with no contract extension. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Pamela F.
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Ann154,

Good morning. I know how important it is to ensure your aware of how a feature is billed before using it. I would like to thank our community members for providing very helpful and correct information. To avoid any confusion I have provided you with information on how your billed for using your Personal Hotspot below.

I understand you are on a Share Everything Plan with 1GB of data. Although, there is no extra charge to use the Personal Hotspot, the data being used will be taken from your 1GB of data allowance. I would personally recommend to increase your data allowance. Using data on your phone and through the hotspot may use up the 1GB very quickly. Going over your data allowance is billed at $15.00 per GB. You may always increase your data allowance online via My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc  To view all of our Share Everything Plans, please click http://bit.ly/xdDajD

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes