Other carriers won't receive my iPhone 5s text messages
Snoop435

Hey everyone

I've been having this texting issue with my Verizon iPhone 5s phone.  My girlfriend has AT&T and since October '13 she has not been able to receive any of my texts.  However I do receive her texts and we are able to call each other.  I've noticed other people are having this same problem when texting across carriers from Verizon.  It originally started when I had my iPhone 4 and I hoped the problem would correct itself when I got the new iPhone 5s with the most up to date O.S.  But I was mistaken.

The only thing I can think of is a problem with a third party texting app (We Chat) but we both had and used that app before this problem occurred prior to October and everything was fine.  We only wanted We Chat because of the walkie talkie capability to be hands free during driving.

Please advice...thank you! 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Other carriers won't receive my iPhone 5s text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help those messages keep flowing Snoop435! Any error messages when you send? Have you tried using a different message app? What type of device does your girlfriend have? Do you have difficulties sending messages to any other numbers?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snoop435

She has a Samsung Galaxy 3.  And other Verizon iPhones can text her except me

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is really odd, Snoop435. By chance, have you both tried without the We Chat app? We only ask because we can only troubleshoot our products and services. We want to narrow it down as much as possible.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes