On-time delivery without having to sign
soodyhoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 this same way, but wasn't around to sign for it. I didn't want to make the trip to my FedEx distribution center and I didn't want to wait until the next day to get my phone, so I scoured the internet for a FedEx Release Form (similar to the door hangs the delivery man leaves, except YOU leave it for the delivery man). I found one, filled it out and taped it to the doorknob on my way out and when I returned home that afternoon my phone was right there waiting for me. I figured some of you might want to do the same thing so here's the file.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: On-time delivery without having to sign
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Thanks for the helpful post! I didn't know there was a special form for this. I always just wrote a note asking the driver to leave a package from Verizon, then signed it and taped it to the door. With the high costs of phones cost these days, I'm not surprised FedEx would want a more formal release form.

0 Likes
soodyhoo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah they told me with some shipments a signed note is ok but with shipments of this kind, it's a liability thing for them. I remember this being particularly hard to find so I wanted to save you guys the trouble.

SSPhilly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks SO MUCH for this! I had read about a form like this yesterday on these forums, and Google searched until I was exhausted, but could not find it. I have saved the file for any future purchases, and just completed it for this Friday's delivery. So excited! Thanks again!!

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

EXCELLENT! I also planned a written note taped to my front door but this will definitely help should the drive be a bit skeptical about a note on plain paper

0 Likes