Re: OFFICIAL ORDER STATUS THREAD
BLuRRnAWAY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine says order recieved, it is in process. Another one says deliver by 9/21/12 | and then another confirmation says ships by 9/21/12!

So since it says in process does this mean I'll receive a tracker pretty soon?

Anyone?

0 Likes
cfspence1003
Enthusiast - Level 3

I saw someone post almost the exact same picture on another of the threads with the same tracking info and I think they're just messing with us...

My theory is, they are sitting back laughing at us right now if we think there is even a chance of receiving early! Lol

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Yes!  I placed my order at midnight (Pacific time) on 9/14 and just received my shipment email with the tracking info this morning at 3:42 a.m.  It says it will be delivered on 9/21 by 3:00 p.m.

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Yup, at 3:42 this morning. It must be sitting right next to QWQ512's in Memphis, TN.

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

My tracking shows the EXACT same thing.  I'm in CA.

0 Likes
dukeguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Carpe,

I ordered at 3:12 AM EST, got a confirmation that said arriving on 9/21. My status says the same as yours. Has your credit card been charged yet? Mine has, but still no change in my status.

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Osully7, that's exactly what FedEx does - they hold it until the actual release date at the request of Apple.  I've read that a lot of people received their iPhone 4S's a day or two before the release date, but when I pre-ordered the New iPad (aka iPad 3) in March, they sure the heck did hold on to that sucker until the actual release date!  Unfortunately, because they did that, the drivers were so overloaded with deliveries that it was impossible for them to deliver mine on the "guaranteed" delivery date.  As a matter of fact, they couldn't even get it to me the following day either!  I guess because it was a Saturday?  Thankfully, the FedEx facility is just a short drive from me so I was able to pick it up Saturday afternoon.  I fear the same thing will happen this time around, but at least I'm prepared and won't be expectantly sitting by the window waiting for the FedEx truck to show up..LOL 

0 Likes
Sharkp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope no charge and still no status change. There was an initial address verification right after placing the order but that's it. Still waiting.

0 Likes
BravesFanJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

After reading all of the very helpful information provided by all of you I thought that I would provide you with my Iphone 5 timeline chain of events from ordering to patiently waiting on delivery.  There seems to be a very common sequence of events that occur until you get that sweet notification email with tracking number. I hope that this will help relieve some stress from some people out there wondering when they are going to get their tracking information. (Note all times are Eastern Standard Times and status change times are when I got some free time to check online)

Pre Order placed: September 14th 3:15 a.m. ( Verizon Wireless Online)

Confirmation Email Received: September 14th 4:05 a.m.

Pre Order Status Changed to Processing: September 15th 1:05 p.m.

Credit Card Charged (Pending Approval): September 16th 5:00 p.m. (Pending = Waiting for FEDEX or UPS to assign Tracking Label to Package). I also was able to see my credit card transaction under Documents and Receipts tab under My Verizon.

Check Order Status Change (NOT Pre Order Status): September 17th 8:00 p.m. Information updated with Ace Number, Ace Location, and Status of order has been sent for processing, The blocks for Carrier, tracking number, and delivery date were blank.

Check Order Status Change (NOT Pre Order Status): September 18th 11:30 All information provided complete.

Ace Order Number: XXXXXX

Ace Location: XXXXXX

Order Status: Shipped 9/17/2012

Carrier: FEDEX

Tracking number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Estimated Delivery Date: 9/21/2012 by 3:00 p.m.

Received Tracking Confirmation Email shortly after checking status online.

Successfully verified FEDEX Tracking number afterwards

Date/Time Activity Location Details

Sep 18, 2012 2:06 PM   Arrived at FedEx location   MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 18, 2012 1:50 PM   Left FedEx origin facility     MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 18, 2012 9:37 AM   Picked up                           MEMPHIS, TN     Future delivery requested

Sep 18, 2012 9:37 AM   At local FedEx facility         MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 18, 2012 9:37 AM   In transit                             MEMPHIS, TN

I am now patiently waiting and happy that I know that my Iphone is now on the way and will be here Friday! I hope this information was helpful to those still wondering.

Sharkp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Order status has now changed to "You're order has been sent For processing." finally a status change. Yes!!!!