Re: OFFICIAL ORDER STATUS THREAD
Sharkp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: Just checked my credit card and it shows Verizon charge approval. So the ball is now moving!

myjerry5229

i have the same order location as you do, D772001 does this mean i may be getting my phone by friday? when i placed my order it said that it wouldn't be delivered until the 28th and then ive heard rumors of the 5th of october so i am confused! could you let me know it you all get your phones by friday? anyone who has the D772001 ace location! please and thank you!

0 Likes
grammieandgracie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered mine just as soon as VZW let me. Around 1:00 a.m. MDT 9/14. Finally today my CC was charged, and after calling VZW @  #611

Sharon, the VZW rep I spoke to texted me the FEDEX tracking #. IT WORKED!!!! YEA!!!! However mine is in Memphis also and appwars that they are holding it until the 21st, Too bad for me though because ny Droid X is only working part of the time and I have Dr.s appts 300 miles away in Denver on the 21st. I have to drive myself over the mountain passes and am disabled wo that is the only reason I wish it could get here sooner.I am glad I stayed up all night to get it. Now I just need to catch up on sleep before my drive to Denver! LOL... Wishing all of you success in getting yours as quickly as promised. BTW my confirmation letter did nsay on or before the 21st. But FEDEX tracking shows the 21st.

0 Likes
dukeguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

(deleted duplicate post as per VZW TOS, already posted on this discussion https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/782936)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
MACHINE101
Enthusiast - Level 3

same here.. received email around 2am central. Shipped!!! My date moved up 1 day 9/20

0 Likes
meganshiree129
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just called FED EX hoping I could pick up my phone at the local store on Friday. The man I talked to said  it is on hold until Friday when it will be delivered. And I can place a hold on it and pick it up as early as Saturday, but not before. Also, when I was in their automated system I went ahead and did tracking there, and the system said my phone was in transit to the Fed Ex location that delivers to zip code 32407. My phone started in Memphis, TN but it now headed to Florida? And I live in Ohio?? Hmmmmm.....

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Fedex will not hold shipments from Verizon until at least 1 attempt has been made to deliver the phone. At least this has been the practice in the past.

Edit: normally, I have been able to pick up at FedEx later that evening when the truck returns, but if this will be anything like iPhone releases in the past, the trucks will be returning after the FedEx location has already closed and that is why the Saturday pickup was mentioned.

0 Likes
karadax

Per-ordered about 3:20am PST on pre order day.

Card charged and tracking information emailed at 1am Central time today.   Location      1456801.   Phone is in Memphis.   Live in Mississippi.

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Agree with everything you said. FedEx leaves those door hang tags after an unsuccessful delivery attempt now and you have the option of signing that tag and the driver will deliver the package on the next attempt if you want them to. The tag also mentions you can pick the package up after a certain time on that same day the truck attempted delivery. Chances are the truck may return after hours or the window you have to pickup between time stated and the time the shipping center closes for the day is very tight.

When I called FedEx a couple days ago asking if I could schedule to pickup at the shipping center before the truck makes its first attempt she said that is possible but I had to call back after a few more "scans" had showing in the system. I think this is primarily to make sure route is going as scheduled and to confirm the order. The girl i spoke to also said I could leave a note on my door with my signature and the driver would accept that on his first attempt when I am not there to sign. it's indirect delivery so a neighbor, friend or someone who sees the driver could also sign for it on your behalf. I live in a residential neighborhood so will have someone sign for me or leave the driver a note.

0 Likes
cpdubes
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally! I have received my shipping email. It came while I as asleep at 3:47AM PDT. Delivery is scheduled for Friday before 3:00P. I live in LA and my delivery location is W7790001. Looking forward to playing with my new toy over the weekend.

0 Likes