Re: OFFICIAL ORDER STATUS THREAD
sfJeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pre-ordered 2 phones (1 black, 1 white, both 16 gigs) for 2 lines on my family plan at 12:45am PST on 9/14. I received my confirmation email within a minute or so and it had an expected delivery date of 9/21. Now when I check my order status on Verizon's website it shows an expected ship date of 10/5 (grumble!). I live in CA, in the bay area.

I am eligible to upgrade one of the lines that I ordered an iPhone for. The other line does not have an available upgrade until March of next year. However, I decided to pay full retail price for both phones. I did the math and it looks like switching to a share everything plan would cost me about $50/month extra. I have unlimited data for $29.99 on both lines right now. I would save $450 by using the upgrade which I would pay back to Verizon in higher fees over the next 9 months.

I wonder if Verizon is bumping my order because I didn't switch to the share everything (and pay more for the privilege) plan.

I have not bothered to call Verizon about this. I'm sure the wait times are pretty high right now and from what I have read on these boards it looks like I may or may not be able to trust what the CSRs tells me anyway... I don't think it's their fault by the way, they probably just have bad info from their management.

UPDATE:

After posting this I received an email from Verizon telling me that my order was on hold and that I needed to give them a call to resolve the issue. I called Verizon and they told me the charge had been declined. It turns out that my credit card, which i hadn't used in quite a while, had flagged the charge from Verizon as potentially fraudulent. I had to call my credit card company to get them to authorize the charge, then call Verizon back and get them to try again to charge the card. The charge went through and the CSR told me that my phone should ship on time and be delivered to me by 9/21... Thank you Verizon for not simply canceling my order and for giving me a chance to set things straight!!

I have checked my credit card website and I can see the pending charge for the full amount due for the 2 phones. I have also checked the order status page on Verizon.com. The ship date is now "unavailable", but I'm pretty confident (or at least hopeful) I'll get the phone on Friday just like the rep said.

If you ordered your phone early on 9/14 and now have an expected ship date of 10/5 you may want to check with your credit card company to see if there is a problem on their end.

Message was edited by me at 8:35pm PST

garrett2601
Enthusiast - Level 2

when where did you order it ?

0 Likes
jleach87

sfJeff, I think that was one of the more sensible posts I've read on the iPhone 5 forums.  Nice to see a few folks on here are still grounded.

0 Likes
MsAud67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered around 7:30 CST and I have the same status as you.  There is still hope we will have it Friday, though!  My status still shows the 21st.

0 Likes
napereira
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got an email that says the following:

"Unfortunately due to the volume of pre-orders received, your iPhone 5 order failed automation and will need to be resubmitted. Should you have questions about your order, please contact us at 1.800.417.3849."

So I did - had to reorder and they *said* I was placed back in queue to get it this Friday.  However, the order status says 10/5 date.  Sigh.  Next time I'm getting it from Apple.

0 Likes
osully7
Enthusiast - Level 2

i ordered mine about 7:30 central time and the computer at the store said "Delivery Date on or before the 21st" now i check https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do and it says "Expected Ship Date of 9/21" what? Why is it being delayed?

0 Likes
madg1976

Mine said the same thing this morning, yet it has been shipped.

0 Likes
madg1976

Ordered on the 14th, around 3:45 am. Got shipping email at 12pm EST today. Card was charged this morning. Phone is in PA sitting in a Fedex warehouse. Although sent overnight saver, it has note to hold until the 21st.

0 Likes
sfJeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Garrett: I ordered from Verizon's website at 12:45am on 9/14. I'm in

California.

0 Likes
sfJeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks jleach87.

0 Likes