Next time order your IPhone 5 from Apple.com, they ship directly from Foxconn in China!
KEV815PAN
Contributor - Level 1

I ordered my White/Silver 16 GB Apple IPhone 5 from Apple.com on the very first day of Pre-Orders and I already have mine since Apple.Com Shipped mine directly from Foxconn's Assembly Plant in China using UPS International Shipping! Just FYI.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Next time order your IPhone 5 from Apple.com, they ship directly from Foxconn in China!
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The majority of people that ordered on the first day of pre-orders received their iPhones almost a month ago now (This goes for Apple.com orders and many from the various carriers). Right now, the Apple website shows 3-4 weeks delivery if you order through them for delivery...you may or may not receive it sooner. The arrival times for those of us that pre-ordered are not relevant to anyone that orders now because circumstances are now different. You will probably have even greater success if you reserve one on the Apple website for pickup at your local Apple store (if available). Many have had success that way if they are quick enough to do it (it starts at 10 pm local time every night).

0 Likes
Re: Next time order your IPhone 5 from Apple.com, they ship directly from Foxconn in China!
KEV815PAN
Contributor - Level 1

Perhaps I was NOT clear enough about what I said: I've had mine since the Last Tuesday in September, to be more specific, as a result of Ordering my White 16 GB IPhone 5 from Apple.com.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Ok...so you got yours later than many...I also ordered from Apple.com on the first day of pre-ordering and received it on 9/21/2012...the Friday before you apparently received your phone. My friend also pre-ordered her iPhone 5 via Verizon.com at the same time...she also received hers on 9/21. We both ordered at around 3:00 am EST which may explain why we were both part of the 9/21 deliveries. Either way, the arrival of those of us that ordered on the first day of pre-orders is not relevant to those that order now due to the different circumstances. Not saying that those that opt for Apple.com won't receive theirs quicker than those that do so on the carriers websites...just saying that your experience is NOT a fair marker for those that order now. When we pre-ordered on the first day the listed wait time was NOT 3-4 weeks. In part, because of the massive pre-orders that occurred in that first day and the days after there are longer estimated wait times.

0 Likes