New iphone 5 user, please someone guide me...lol
Nickie1963

Hi everyone, thanks for any help, I am a new user, and having problems with texting, seems I can not go to the message icon to send new message, I have to go to contacts and start there, is this correct? Getting very frustrated with this phone, my previous phone was a envy3, so easy to use. Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New iphone 5 user, please someone guide me...lol
akdisney
Enthusiast - Level 3

all you need to do is go to The green app and with white ballon and say messages

press on the app.

the messages window open up, in the upper right side the will be a square and drawing pencil

press that

you will see new message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nickie1963, thanks for posting. Are you still having issues sending text messages? I would follow the suggestion of akdisney to send the messages. Also, do you have any issue receiving text messages? 

0 Likes
lodihut
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have a texting question.  I have a shared plan with my wife, and she is getting a copy of the text message i am sending and receiving.  Is there a way to stop this?

thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you are receiving iMessages and you and your wife share AppleIDs. You should change your imessage settings to have a unique ID for both of you. Maybe you can use your phone number in those settings. Hopefully someone who is much more familiar with imessage can clarify this process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.