My replacement phone is a 5c. I have done EVERYTHING from every forum to fix the time issue. The phone will not keep timeon manual or automatiic mode. Before I noticed this, it caused me to miss texts from my child needing to be picked up! I also missed
Berginvest

My replacement phone is a 5c. I have done EVERYTHING from every forum to fix the time issue. The phone will not keep time on manual or automatiic mode. Before I noticed this, it caused  me to miss texts from my child needing to be picked up! I also missed a meeting because the reminder didn't go off. This has apparently been a problem for 3 years. That is beyond ridiculous. I just got the phone from Asurion, so it should be under warranty. But I am not convinced it's the phone. I have iOS 8.3. Please help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My replacement phone is a 5c. I have done EVERYTHING from every forum to fix the time issue. The phone will not keep timeon manual or automatiic mode. Before I noticed this, it caused me to miss texts from my child needing to be picked up! I also mis
jeremynewton

I feel your pain.  My 5c started this same stuff a week ago.  NOTHING fixes it.  All I've done for a week is try fixes I find online and read forums about the problem.  I can find NO evidence anywhere that this problem has been fixed for anyone.  I have found repeated statements that Verizon claims it's an Apple issue and Apple claims it's a Verizon issue.  I am not even going to waste my time taking the phone to Verizon or Apple for a fix.  I guess I will just buy a watch and then buy a Droid through AT&T when my contract is up and turn this piece of junk 5c into my new iPod.

Good luck to you on this.  By the way.... it is currently Tuesday April 28th 9:49am Central Time... my phone claims it is Monday April 27th 10:23am Central Time.  RIDICULOUS!

0 Likes
Re: My replacement phone is a 5c. I have done EVERYTHING from every forum to fix the time issue. The phone will not keep timeon manual or automatiic mode. Before I noticed this, it caused me to miss texts from my child needing to be picked up! I also mis
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Jeremynewton, this breaks my heart to hear that you are looking to leave the Verizon Wireless family. I want to make sure that we have a chance to turn thing around ASAP. I understand the need of how important it is to have the display the correct date and time on the phone. There are a couple of things that I would like for you to check out. Can you please verify the Current Date & Time settings is switched to "Set Automatically" is on if not already. Also, do you use a Network Extender? If so please try turning off the network extender and check to see if the time/date is correct. The last thing I would like for you to try as well is Reset Network Settings. You can do that in Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jeremynewton

KevinR_VZW

The current date and time setting is on set automatically.  No I do not use a network extender.  I have reset all network settings.  I also did a FULL reset of my phone after I backed it up on through iTunes.  The phone is STILL not showing the correct time.  iMessage won't activate.  The phone says I am connected to Wi-Fi when I am not... causing me to get very close to going over my data limit... with two weeks left in my billing cycle.  So many features I can't use... such as alarm clock, calendar, reminders, etc.  I can still make calls and send texts... but sure can't check my call log and messages to see what time a call or message came through.... so horribly frustrating.  I pay way too much money to Verizon for these phones and for my monthly bill to have to deal with a malfunctioning piece of junk that NO ONE can seem to find a solution for.

I appreciate your attempt to help KevinR_VZW... but it seems this situation is hopeless. I am just stuck with a not so smartphone until my contract is up... UNFORTUNATELY!@

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Jeremynewton, thank you for trying all those troubleshooting steps. If anything, you have done enough on your end, let us do the rest. I have sent a follow request, please respond to my Direct Message and follow me back so we can help work things out.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes