My phone has been searching for several days and states no sim cannot use it except for Wifi
debsattic2

My granddaughters phone has been searching for a signal for several days and states no sim, she cannot use it except to listen to music and play games,  can someone tell me what's going on please?   I am going to go to the Verizon store tomorrow, but I thought I would check here first.   Thanks so much, I do appreciate it.  Deb

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My phone has been searching for several days  and states no sim  cannot use it except for Wifi
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the store try a different SIM card in the phone?  Sometimes a different card is all that's needed if the one in the phone isn't working.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My phone has been searching for several days  and states no sim  cannot use it except for Wifi
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried turning off the phone, removing the SIM card and ensuring it is installed correctly? Reassemble and boot up the phone again to see if it can connect.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
debsattic2

Hi Ann, Yes I did, called tech support, they said it was the sim card,  took it to Verizon store and sim card did not work, so the phone is under warranty, getting a new one.   Thank You

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did the store try a different SIM card in the phone?  Sometimes a different card is all that's needed if the one in the phone isn't working.

0 Likes