My microphone must not be working, but I do not understand why. I recently got my screen fixed, and maybe 4 or five days later, my microphone isn't working. I try and talk to Siri, but the little sound waves do not move.... I record video on Snapchat, Ins
jodielysse

My microphone must not be working, but I do not understand why. I recently got my screen fixed, and maybe 4 or five days later, my microphone isn't working. I try and talk to Siri, but the little sound waves do not move.... I record video on Snapchat, Instagram and normal video, and hear nothing. The sound is exremely muffled. I went to a fireworks display and I could hear the loud popping on the video, but it was very low and muffled. Everything else works fine with me. If I plug in my earphones, I can talk to Siri and use "talk-to-text". Any idea what can be going on Smiley Sad

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My microphone must not be working, but I do not understand why. I recently got my screen fixed, and maybe 4 or five days later, my microphone isn't working. I try and talk to Siri, but the little sound waves do not move.... I record video on Snapchat,
sandys_vzw
Verizon Employee

jodielysse,

That certainly does not sound like something that should be happening! Let's take a look at a few things. Have you checked the mic to see if the port is free of any debris? Was the screen replaced by Apple? Does the mic work when you are on calls or is there an issue there as well?

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My microphone must not be working, but I do not understand why. I recently got my screen fixed, and maybe 4 or five days later, my microphone isn't working. I try and talk to Siri, but the little sound waves do not move.... I record video on Snapchat,
Weth
Legend

I suspect when you broke the screen, it also broke the connection to the microphone. Can you take it back to the place that fixed the screen? They should be able to open it again and see if it is an easy fix for the microphone.

0 Likes
jodielysse

the screen was not fixed by apple (way too expensive), and the sound and mic work when I am on calls. The mic does not work however if I put it on speaker. SO, when I put it to my ear or have it in my headphones, it works...just not on regular speaker.

I checked for debris, and cannot really see anything.

0 Likes
jodielysse

when I got the screen fixed everything was okay. I used my snapchat and recorded videos and the sound replayed perfectly. it was not until maybe a week later that this started to happen. I can call and see what's going on. Thank you for your help!

0 Likes