My iPhone 5C will not show that it is plugged in and will not charge when it is powered on.
aneum5285

My iPhone 5C will not show that it is plugged in and will not charge when it is powered on. There is no water damage or blockage of the charge port. I did a factory reset to see if it was an issue that could be corrected that way and no luck. I even bought a new charge cord, thinking it was the cord itself, and it did not make a difference. The phone itself is pretty new, so it's a little disappointing that it's already acting up.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 5C will not show that it is plugged in and will not charge when it is powered on.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eneum5285,

Help has arrived. We want to make sure that we get your phone fully charged. When you put it on the charger does it charge but just doesn't show charging? Is the port lose at all?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My iPhone 5C will not show that it is plugged in and will not charge when it is powered on.
aneum5285

The phone only tries to charge when the phone is completely turned off.

The port is not lose.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the information aneum5285, this is odd but we definitely want to get to the bottom of it. When did it start? Are you plugging it into the wall to charge? You will need to use the charger provided by Apple or approved before following the next steps.

1-Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears. If you're unable to get the phone to respond while charging.

2-Try and reset the device, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until either the Apple logo or the battery symbol appears.

3-Connect iPhone via AC power and reset the device again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until either the Apple logo or the battery symbol appears. If that does not resolve issue, leave the device connected and let it charge for at least 15 minutes.

Keep us posted.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
aneum5285

I tried this and my phone still will not show itself as charging.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aneum5285, we appreciate your efforts. Does your device have any physical or liquid damage? Have you tried using a different charger?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
aneum5285

There's no damage and the other charger I bought doesn't fix it either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aneum5285, thanks for confirming. The last resort to resolve this issue would be to hard reset it which reverts it back to the original factory settings. This would remove any potential software issue that's causing this problem. Make sure that you back your device at iCloud first https://www.icloud.com/ Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
aneum5285

I have hard reset the phone twice. It has not resolved the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aneum5285,

Thank you for trying those troubleshooting steps. Let's look into this further, how long have you had your phone? Does it have any physical, water damage, or other signs of damage? If it is still covered under the warranty please reach out to Customer Service to review your replacement options.

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes