My father bought iPhone but it was locked. What should we do?
destilika

I am from Russia. My father bought iPhone from USA. But when we received it we found it locked. We really don't know what to do. Please, help

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: My father bought iPhone but it was locked. What should we do?
Weth
Legend

What kind of lock? Phone lock, setup lock, SIM lock, AppleID lock?  What company in U.S. Released phone? Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint?  If it was a phone reported as list or stolen, there may not be much you can do. 

0 Likes
destilika

OK. 'SIM is not valid' - says iPhone. And Verizon, yes

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon iPhones are sold unlocked.  Did you try Settings/General/Reset Network Settings or Erase all Content and settings?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Also install iTunes on a computer and connect the phone to the computer until it is detected by itunes. Try twice if not working.  

0 Likes
destilika

I didn't try to change any settings because i can't even open settings. It stops on install and all. I' ve many times tried with itunes but it also didn't work

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

WHat happens if you setup without SIM in phone and use wifi.  Later retry SIM After all setup. 

0 Likes
destilika

i can't setup. it requests SIM card. without card it don't work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I would be just as eager to start using a new iPhone I just got! While we don't support devices being used or purchased to activate on a different carrier, we can provide the general information that may help. To start, here is the information you need about Verizon Wireless phones http://vz.to/1BtslD9. Have you attempted to insert a SIM card from the carrier you intend to use with the device?

If you're still not able to access the phone, try recovery mode to erase all the information on the iPhone, just in case this was not done by previous owner http://apple.co/1FZIsKy. In addition, make sure the phone was not reported as lost or stolen because this will prevent the device from activating. You would have to use resources available to you in Russia.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
destilika

nothing helped. it's terrible

0 Likes