My Voice mail indicator not working I have no idea I have voicemails how do I get it to work again with out hard reset?
patecliver

At somepoint I have been getting voicemails and have not known it because the voice mail indicator is turned off. Called my voicemail and that is not an option when I go to my personal options. I am out of service due to the building that I work in and do not reiceive calls and missed calls do not always show up.. so indicator is needed. PLEEAAASSEEE HEEELLLPPP!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Voice mail indicator not working I have no idea I have voicemails how do I get it to work again with out hard reset?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@patecliver

It's important that you are receiving all of your voice mail notifications.  I am happy to help.

Keep in mind, if your device is in a location where it doesn't get signal, you will not receive your voice mail notifications.  Do you receive the notifications when you're not at work and when you have a reliable network connection?  Let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My Voice mail indicator not working I have no idea I have voicemails how do I get it to work again with out hard reset?
patecliver

@AnthonyTa_VZW

I always got voicemail indications but lately with the 8.1.1 the indicator will
not light unless I am on another call and the only way I can retrieve
voicemails is to call my own phone number   I should be able to see when I have a voicemail with out having the cellular data turned on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

patecliver

Thanks for those details! I'd love to get your voicemail notifications back up and working for you. Have you been able to reset your network settings since this started? Here's how: http://vz.to/1BhQaOe

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
patecliver

I have reset the network connections twice already did not fix the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you completing this, Patecliver. The iPhone voicemail system does use cellular data to retrieve voicemails, if without signal this may be causing the issue after the most recent update.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
patecliver

Even when I am connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular data shouldn't it update at some point... there are days that I do not connect to dellular data becasue I am in a wifi zone during those times. At home my wi-fi is the first connection it takes bit my cellular data.  Even so that is silly that at some point it does not connect and tell me that I have a voicemail.  This is a serious flaw in my book.... I only have so much data on my plan why should I need that to take up some of my data when the voicemail was working fine before the 8.1.1 update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

patecliver, This is not what we want to hear. I definitely don't want you to use your data if it's not needed. Let's try a few things that should help. Please confirm that your data and voice roaming is on. Also since you've reset the network setting, please open the sim tray and simply reinsert it. Those step will get the voice mail back up and running for you.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
patecliver

Okay so I did all that and I noticed that when someone calls me and my celullar data is on the voicemail registers..... when my cellular data is off and a call comes in and goes to voicemail.... it does not register until I go to call someone else then the notice comes on for as long as I am on the phone.... if I do not make a call for a few days I never know that I have a phone call. I turn off my cellular data since I only have 250MB for the month... and most of the time I am in a wifi zone....which make me wonder if my cellular data is turned on and I am in a wifi zone and should miss a call since the wifi takes over would I get the notice... I should not have this turned on all the time for the sole purpose of knowing if at some time I am in a dead zone and miss a call or not sitting right next to it.... my office is a dead zone as it is in an industrial building..... this is very disappointing especially since it was working for me at some point..... in conclusion still not working

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

patecliver, I completely understand your concerns surrounding this. With the iPhone 5c, the Visual Voicemail feature that is embedded in the phone, does retreive voicemail through the Cellular data http://vz.to/1wmZXiV. I apologize for any inconvenience caused in this. Please keep in mind that you can always check your voicemail manually and periodically by dialing *86 from your phone, as well.

TanishaS1_VZW