Moving to England
hunty123

I have just bought an iphone 5 in England and it is with verizon. I am told verizon only works in America. How do I go about changing it from verizon to another provider? Does it need unlocking?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving to England
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone 5 for Verizon Wireless should already be SIM unlocked for overseas use.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hunty123,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We would be happy to assist you with questions regarding international service. Do you currently have service and are moving to England or only live in England and no intention with starting service with us? There are requirements that must be met in order to unlock for international usage. You can confirm requirements and options going forward by speaking with our global department http://vz.to/17KseUf. Please let us know if you have any issues with this.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
hunty123

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I live in England and bought the phone in England and have no intention of selling it or moving to America, so how would I go about cancelling it with verizon or getting it unlocked?

Thanks

Sam

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone 5 for Verizon Wireless should already be SIM unlocked for overseas use.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hunty123

I went into the apple shop and they said its simlocked to verizon

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If the iPhone has LTE and for Verizon the SIM is unlocked.  This is due to Block C rules for the 700 spectrum they licensed to Verizon.

0 Likes
hunty123

Sorry whats LTE? And I think the phone was bought in. USA so will that make a difference to whether it's unlocked or not?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The 5 is an LTE device. It is unlocked. Block C rules makes it so.

0 Likes
hunty123

So does that mean I can use it with a sim on any other network?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes it is unlocked.

0 Likes