Line Access Fee vs Phone Access Fee
ReneeLaC

I received an iPhone 5c when I signed up for a new plan in May 2014.  At that time, there was a $40.00 line access fee and was told that was needed for me to use the phone.  Read in community comments that people are paying $20. for their smartphone line access fee.  Why the difference and have I been overpaying for this phone for five years?  The phone itself was free with the plan.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Line Access Fee vs Phone Access Fee
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have? The line access fee is priced differently depending on the plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@ReneeLaC wrote:

I received an iPhone 5c when I signed up for a new plan in May 2014.  At that time, there was a $40.00 line access fee and was told that was needed for me to use the phone.  Read in community comments that people are paying $20. for their smartphone line access fee.  Why the difference and have I been overpaying for this phone for five years?  The phone itself was free with the plan.  

The phone wasn’t free, which is why there was an ETF if you canceled service before 2 years was over.  You were under contract until May 2016.  

The newer plans may be cheaper, but you pay for your phones separate from service.  

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Sounds like you're on the More Everything plan. You need to be on the newer plans. And no your phone was never free.

0 Likes