Issues receiving/sending picture mssgs over wifi
edithmelissa

I got an iPhone 5s a few days ago and per recommendation of the Verizon employee to keep the phone on wifi so I won't use so much data and risk going over I noticed that I can't receive or send picture messages. I can only do so when data is turned on. I don't understand why that's happening. And makes no sense when I went from a basic phone to a smartphone I did not have this issue. So I don't understand why I can't send MMS while the phone is on wifi. Can someone shed light into this? Such a disappointment. I thought I was upgrading, seems more of a downgrade.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues receiving/sending picture mssgs over wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there edithmelissa,

The iPhone 5s is a true upgrade. It's an excellent device and I want you to have an excellent experience with it. I'm sorry for the confusion, but picture messages are unable to be sent over WiFi.  They are sent over the Verizon Wireless data network. To properly send a picture message, make sure you have cellular data enabled,http://vz.to/1a2yIkU. Turn it on and test again. Keep us updated with results.

Even though they are sent over the data network, they come out of your text messaging allowance and not your data allowance.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Issues receiving/sending picture mssgs over wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there edithmelissa,

The iPhone 5s is a true upgrade. It's an excellent device and I want you to have an excellent experience with it. I'm sorry for the confusion, but picture messages are unable to be sent over WiFi.  They are sent over the Verizon Wireless data network. To properly send a picture message, make sure you have cellular data enabled,http://vz.to/1a2yIkU. Turn it on and test again. Keep us updated with results.

Even though they are sent over the data network, they come out of your text messaging allowance and not your data allowance.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes