Iphone 5C Crashed and Will Not Turn On For Anything
carorosepat
Enthusiast - Level 1

The screen on my Iphone 5c turned green yesterday while I was taking a picture and my phone cut off. It then went through a phase where the Apple logo would appear and fade out. Sometimes the logo would turn red or a different color while it did this over and over again. Eventually, it turned back on and everything was cool until the next morning. I woke up late for work because my Iphone had crashed while I was sleeping and the alarm on the phone never went off. The phone had been plugged in to a wall charger so I was surprised to see my phone "dead" when I finally got up. The phone worked fine during the day but later that night it turned green and crashed again. This time it never turned back on. The logo repeatedly fades in and out. Hard resets do nothing and I can't even get it to enter recovery mode with Itunes to do a factory reset. I have an appointment with the Apple store on Tuesday so we shall see how that goes... I've only had my phone since August and it is not damaged in ANYWAY. I also don't have many apps, just one for the campus bus tracker. I never had any problems with my Iphone 4. However, my new phone is running on iOS 8 or 8.1. I can't remember. But I do know that I haven't done the most recent update yet.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5C Crashed and Will Not Turn On For Anything
Not applicable

Go into an Apple Retail Store have them look at it.

Bring in the lightening cable as well. If they find its dead they will warrant it on the spot.

Don't use Verizon for warranty on any iPhone.

Good Luck

carorosepat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I took my phone in today for my appointment at the Apple store. They said it was a hardware issue and it was still under warranty so they replaced it for free!

Not applicable

Good Job! Glad it worked out Smiley Happy

0 Likes