Iphone 5 on 9/15?
JasonTuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered my Iphone 5 9/15 at 7am and it is estimated to ship 10/5? What is the point to PRE-ORDER. If I understand the PRE part that is a benifit vs going to the store. They should just have it say ORDER. You should be able to order online and receive prior to releasing in stores. Has anyone else order on Saturday with a early ship date? Anyway to push the delivery process?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5 on 9/15?
LolGanked
Enthusiast - Level 2

the point of a Pre-Order is so that you get in line for a phone. It is a rare instance when you "pre-order" something that you get it before it is available to stores.

There is no way to push the delivery process. They can't send a phone they don't have. Once Apple ships more phone to the carriers they will in turn send them out to the next ones on the list that have pre-ordered.

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Agree with Gank. You are getting in line for a phone once one becomes available. if you definitely wanted on Friday you should have been up at midnight PST / 3pm EST and been one of the first pre-ordered like many of us and your chance of receiving on 9/21 would have been greater. Apple and all the major carriers do their best to forecast orders but we all know anything new from Apple will far exceed forecasting.

0 Likes
JasonTuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know the orders are backed up and they sold more than they thought. I am not worried. It comes when it comes. Verizon has been great and I feel for them because some people place demands and loose grip on the process. If your phone works just wait.

0 Likes