Iphone 5-can't hear anyone in phone mode
STimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought my Iphone 5 and three weeks later, one week after I could send it back, I began to have problems where I cannot hear anyone when i call them. I can't hear the ring, I can't hear them say  hello, nothing.  They can hear me clearly.  I've been working with tech support and we have done everything to resolve the issue.  Now they want to send me a "replacement" phone. Which is basically a refurbished phone that they certify works properly.  However, when I tell, both customer service and tech support personnel, about my problems with replacement devices, they tell me this is my only option.

Four years ago I had a Mifi device that kept throwing me off the internet.  I spent hours with tech support and they sent me a "replacement" device, that never solved the problem.  I basically staggered through that contract then Verizon convinced me to renew my contract with a new Wifi device that was better.  Of course after a few months, same problem.  Worked with tech support and for four years now I've been with an internet that keeps kicking me off the internet every five minutes. 

Then I bought my wife an Iphone 4.  That phone  just stopped working one day for no reason.  She recently got her "replacement" phone and we will see how that works. Like and idiot I went out and bought a 4s.  My phone stopped working after just before the warranty was up so they sent a "replacement" phone.  A few months later, that phone stopped charging correctly.  They wanted me to pay $165 through the insurance to replace that "replacement" phone but I said no and limped through a few more months and upgraded to an I-phone 5, renewing my contract.  What a mistake that was.  Three weeks later, my Iphone 5 won't let me hear anyone.  Three weeks with a brand new Iphone??? This phone has been treated like a baby.  Its never been dropped, been near water, and stays in an Otter Box.  But three weeks later and I can't even hear people I call unless I put it on speaker phone.  Tech support walked me through everything, but alas, still doesn't work.  You know what they want to do?  Send me a "replacement" phone.

I told them I was done with smart phones.  I offered to renew my contract, with two of my four devices, if they would let me send back my Iphone 5 ( where i would lose the $199 I paid for it) if they would just send me two basic phones.  I offered to completely renew my contract on those two lines for the basic free phones.  They said no because I had no contract upgrades.  Really?  I just renewed my contract and three weeks later my brand new phone went dumb on me.  So then I offered to accept two cheap "used" basic phones. They give these out for FREE!!!  And I would renew on both lines for 2 years.  They said they couldn't do that.

I've been with Verizon a very long time.  I love their coverage and their customer service.  It is tops.  However, I am done with device issues.  Three of my device contracts expire by October 13th.  I will let them expire and buy my way out of the 4th contract.  It will be expensive, but I'm going back to a basic phone with a new provider.  I can't believe Verizon would let me go for two cheap replacement basic phones.  LOL.  They could take my Iphone 5 back and refurbish it and it would be worth 5 times what those two basic phones would be.  The only thing I cant think of is they don't want me to cancel the data packages on those two lines.  But guess what?  If I go somewhere else, I wont be paying Verizon anything.  How dumb is that???  Perhaps I should agree to have them send me a replacement phone.  Then I will sell it on Craigslist and thats they money I will use to pay off this new contract on this one remaining line. 

Message was edited for readability by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Iphone 5-can't hear anyone in phone mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi STimm,

Your customer loyalty is greatly appreciated and I am here to help because I don't want to lose you as a customer! It is unfortunate that you are experiencing issues with your device. We do have to honor the manufacturers warranty and provide a Certified Like New replacement when a device is outside of the 14 day Worry Free Guarantee. I would love the opportunity to review your account in an effort to identify your available options. At your leisure, DM your name, wireless number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
STimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have "reviewed my account" and my "options" with several Verizon representatives.  We keep going around in circles and I get told the same thing each time.  I don't wish to do it a fourth or fifth time.  You want to replace my phone with a "Like new" device.  I'm not interested.  Ive done that several times before and had worse problems.  You all act like this is the first issue I have had, but I have been trying to explain I've had this issue with a MIFI device, for four years, iisues with an Iphone 4, Iphone 4s, and now my Iphone 5 after only owning it for 21 days. 

I would be stupid to accept the "options" that have been presented to me.  I am seeking advice on how to get out of the contracts I have on all four of my devices from another source.  I am not happy about all the problems I have had with my devices and Im frustrated to the point where I don't want to deal with it any longer. 

Steve

>> personal information removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since it sounds like you are under contract with your devices, you can certainly cancel and pay the Early Termination Fees for each line you cancel. That is a choice available to you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
STimm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found it interesting that you chose to rub in my face the option that I already knew I had.

Steve Timm