Re: If I ordered the iPhone 5s just after 3:01 am here on the east coast, is the 9/24 ship date real?
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

I haven't yet hope too soon lol.

0 Likes
Re: If I ordered the iPhone 5s just after 3:01 am here on the east coast, is the 9/24 ship date real?
Pizzle2009

All I know is that when your card is charged your order is getting shipped very soon. Verizon only pulls money from your card once they have a device attached to your order and it's prepping to ship. Been through this with the 4s and 5 pre-orders. So if you have cc/debit card charge, you're golden, unless your bank puts a hold on your order for one reason or another. Cheers!

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have an authorization on my card from verizon for $0 from yesterday morning and then today the amount paid for the phone. so i am assuming that will post sometime on monday or tuesday. otherwise i do have a receipt in my verizon documents dated today for the device. so i should be good. just hope it ships monday! i could have picked the gold, when i ordered they still stated the 9/24 date, but i just think i would have wished i got the silver after a while so that is what i picked. hoping for a shipping confirmation monday Smiley Happy i wish i was able to select overnight shipping but they didn't even let you choose a shipping method.

0 Likes
babonnell

I just ran my order number through the Verizon order status site and I there is now a FedEx Tracking Number listed as of 11:00 EST.  FedEx lists the item as "Picked Up" in Memphis, TN today (9/22) at 11:22AM EST.  The delivery is scheduled for Wed, 9/25 by 4:30PM.  I still have no email from Verizon regarding the shipment, however.

I ordered the 32GB gold version of the iPhone 5S.

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

hmm. i still don't have any tracking number from verizon, and for me to see any kind of status for my order i have to use the preorder confirmation, not the actual order number. still states will ship by 9/24. i hope they get it out tomorrow rather than tuesday. tired of waiting.

0 Likes
efrsysop

Just registered so I could add my .02....

I have been constantly refreshing the order update site, and in the last 24 hours I've watched it go from a pre-order confirmation, to an "order received will ship by 9/24", to an actual tracking number.  The tracking number was provided in the last 2 hours.  Still no email from Verizon or FedEx notifying me that it has shipped.

I ordered my 16GB Space Gray 5S at 9AM EDT on Friday.  I actually stayed up until 3AM EDT, but when the website showed me "Will ship by 9/24" I decided to go to sleep and call in the morning.  I called into customer service (*611) on Thursday evening specifically to ask if I called Telesales or ordered online would I be given the option for overnight with saturday delivery, to which I was told yes, but that simply wasn't the case.

I'm actually sort of upset that I was told by two separate reps that I would be able to get overnight shipping with Saturday delivery. I probably would have braved the lines on Friday morning had I known the earliest it would ship and be out for delivery would be 9/25.

The Telesales rep I placed the order with told me there was no way I was getting Saturday delivery, but she did say it was going to ship overnight, so I should have it on Wednesday, what's interesting is when I track the package, it shows it was picked up today (9/22) and it's a 2-Day (NOT OVERNIGHT) for delivery on Wednesday 9/25.

Verizon did not successfully manage my expectations for ordering this device and having it shipped, had they given me the correct information I probably would have gone a different route.

Oh well, Wednesday will be here soon enough, not sure why they didn't do overnight, I would have had it on Tuesday.  I'm curious, is anyone showing a delivery before 9/25?  I'm wondering if Apple mandated all online orders cannot be delivered before Wednesday?

Anyways, that's my experience thus far Smiley Happy

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

you aren't the only one, i had several people tell me i could get overnight with saturday delivery as well. i was QUITE annoyed when i saw the 9/24 ship date. i was also told it would be 2 day once it finally goes out. not only did we have to wait several days for it to ship out at all, we weren't able to select overnight once they did finally ship. so many verizon reps were misinformed when it came to this year's release. no one knew anything, and i had several people give out wrong information to me on different occasions. i even had some reps tell me it would be instore only at first! lucky you that you at least have a tracking number. i ordered mine at 3:17am with  9/24 ship date and i still am without a tracking number. grrr.

0 Likes
JediPy77
Enthusiast - Level 3

I ordered mine at 3:02 AM (final completion) and got my e-mail at 3:04. I see a tracking number now, but nothing yet available on Fedex's website. I haven't heard of Apple shipping any orders yet though. Hopefully my tracking updates tomorrow.

And miscommunication is a problem at all large companies. I had hoped the phones would start shipping on Friday but when I saw Apple's site say 1-3 days I figured it would be Monday at the earliest. It said my phone shipped yesterday (on Verizon's tracking), but again still nothing on the Fedex website.

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

everyone is talking about having their tracking numbers now...i just want mine because i will be happier if it comes wednesday rather than thursday! if it goes tomorrow i know i will get it by wednesday.

0 Likes
kittybean
Enthusiast - Level 2

getting really frustrated with verizon right now. seems like everyone who ordered around the time i did got their tracking info. still don't have mine.

0 Likes