Re: IPhone5 will send but not receive Text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there searls717!

I know I text all the time and would be pretty frustrated myself if I wasn't able to communicate with everyone! Let's get to the bottom of this.

Are you able to send to those who don't have an iPhone? What happens when you turn iMessage off? (here's how: http://vz.to/12A2k5b)

Melissa_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Niks1,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let's get those messages working. How are your regular texts working out? I see you have tried many great steps. The only recommendation I have would be to pull the sim card out for 60 seconds. http://vz.to/1caMJwb Keep us posted.

Bobby_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jabookwalter

My daughter has an iPhone 5 and cannot receive text messages from 1 person. He receives her text messages but she doesn't receive his reply. He has a straight talk phone. Do you have any suggestions on what might be the problem.   We have reset the network settings, reset the phone and deleted their text messages from earlier. Previously, they have been able to text back and forth but this stopped yesterday.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly odd! I'd love to see this resolved, jabookwalter. Do you know what type of device the one other person has? I would suggest turning off iMessage and testing. Settings >Messages >iMessage - Off. Once this has been completed please retest.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
logantom13

I have an iPhone 4s, and though I can send out texts to my wife (who has same phone), I am not receiving any back from her. Anything I can do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Logantom13,

We certainly want to see you stay in contact with your wife! Have you been able to turn off iMessage and test? This can be done by heading into Settings > Messages > iMessage - off

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TimmyNYC

Hanover the same problem. Not receiving SMS msgs. Done all the settings and network reset steps. Thinking this is an issue with the way verizon is processing the txts sent to my number.

0 Likes
Shawnraelich

I just did this to hubby's phone and he can get texts now!

0 Likes