IPhone5 will send but not receive Text messages
Scouter

IPhone5 will send but not receive Text messages.  Specifically, I can send my grown son text messages, but he can not reply to them, nor can he send me new texts. He and I are both on Verizon, and he has a Droid phone.  His texts can be recieved by his mother, who can forward them successfully to me.  When I initally received the phone (Dec 2012) I could receive and send texts with my son with no difficulty. The trouble began (as near as I can tell) when my phone was upgraded to 6.1.1.  This is a significant problem and I would like it resolved as soon as possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone5 will send but not receive Text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scouter, let's get you reconnected with your son, via text message. Make sure that your text messaging feature is enabled in Settings>Messaging:

enable iMessage ON
enable "Send as SMS" to ON
MMS Messaging ON

You will also need to reset the network connections in:

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network

Finally, power cycle your phone off/on and try to send your son a text message. Keep us posted. We're here to help you.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Bbiwbkacq

I just got this iphone 5 yesterday and I'm having the same problems. My texts are received but I am not receiving the replies. I did what VZW Support suggested above but am still not receiving texts. Please provide assistance.

0 Likes
motleyg

I'm having the same trouble. Bought the iPhone5 last night. Im brand new to Verizon too. I followed the above reset advice and it still wont receive text messages. Please help!!

Thanks.

0 Likes
eagreen1

I am having the same issue and the above solution is not helping. Please provide a solution. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi eagreen1!

I'm sorry for any trouble with your iPhone 5. Let's try some more troubleshooting. Please complete a restore of the iPhone 5 and try again. Keep me posted on the results!

http://vz.to/11X7WiR

Thank you,
Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Valgar

I am having the same problem that others in this community are having their phones.  I just upgrated to an iphone 5 and began having the problem soon after purchase.  I can send text messages, but am not receiving replies, or initiated text messages.  Not only didI reset my network, but I reset the phone to factory specifications.  However, that hasn't resolved the problem.  I continue to not receive text messages.

Has anyone been able to resolve the problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps Valgar. I want to make sure that your phone is working correctly as well. Is this happening with all text messages or iMessages? Does the other person receive any error messages? Try sending yourself a text message and see if it comes thru.

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
searls717

I am having the same issue as above.....  I just got the phone activated today and I can receive and send text messages to anyone who has an iPhone.  Unfortunately I cannot receive text messages from people who do not have an iPhone.  I have done the above items and still not able to get text messages.  Super frustrated!!!!

0 Likes
Niks1

I am (too) having the same issue with text messages.  Many times I do not received text/photo message from non iphone users.   Also when sending photo message (to non iphone users), the photo will not go through and I have to turn my iphone 5 off and on to send (each time).   Never had issues like this with iphone 4.   My message settings are, iMessage ON, Send as SMS ON and MMS messaging ON.     Then reset the network and a power cycle.   Hope this works because I am annoyed turning my iphone 5 on and off to do anything with text/phone messages.

0 Likes