IPhone5 Hot Spot issue.
HarryJJ

I turn my Hot Spot on my Iphone5 and some times it comes onto my laptop and other times it does not.  I have a WIFI connection at home and my laptop recognizes it every time.  When I turn on my hotspot on my IPhone5  it does not show up on my laptop maybe 1/3 of the time.  I turn it on and off on my Iphone 5 and try to get it on and after trying it several times I get it up on my laptop may take me 15 minutes.  Any suggestions. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IPhone5 Hot Spot issue.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HarryJJ,

The mobile hotspot is one of my favorite features on the iPhone 5. It's a great way to stay connected while on the go. It will be my pleasure to assist you in being able to enjoy this functionality when you need it. May I ask are you having any issues browsing the web or the app store on the device? First, I want to ensure that you are having a consistent data connection on the phone. If so then please check to make sure that the software is up to date, iOS version 6.1.4 (10B350) and carrier version 14.2. Another great tip is remove any previous connections that's saved on the computer to the iPhone 5, reboot, and re-connect as if it's the first time. Once you have done so then please advise of your findings, just in case more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes