IPhone will not connect to my wifi.
donabelle

IPhone 5S will not connect to my wifi at home. Reset network settings and router.  Still no connection.  What next??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPhone will not connect to my wifi.
Not applicable

First turn off the iPhone.

Now in this order, turn off your broadband modem and your WiFi router.

Wait five minutes and then restart the broad band modem. (The devices must be totally unplugged from the power) then wait for your modem to fully recycle and settle.

Do the same next with your wireless router. Fully unplugged then plug back in wait for it to recycle and then turn on the iPhone.

Make sure WiFi is on, then scan for your network. If found click it and enter the network pass code.

If you can connect you are now OK.

However some broadband modems and WiFi routers might not be comparable and may need to be replaced. Or have firmware updates.

You can also assign a static IP address for the iPhone on your network. How to do it with your brand of router is in the owners manual or call the router makers tech support and they can walk you through how to do it. It varies by router makers.

Good Luck

Also http://www.apple.com/support

At the forum it may have other solutions.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Donabelle,

That's not good! What happens when you attempt to connect? Do you receive a particular error message? Have you tried powering off/on your home wi-fi router?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

First turn off the iPhone.

Now in this order, turn off your broadband modem and your WiFi router.

Wait five minutes and then restart the broad band modem. (The devices must be totally unplugged from the power) then wait for your modem to fully recycle and settle.

Do the same next with your wireless router. Fully unplugged then plug back in wait for it to recycle and then turn on the iPhone.

Make sure WiFi is on, then scan for your network. If found click it and enter the network pass code.

If you can connect you are now OK.

However some broadband modems and WiFi routers might not be comparable and may need to be replaced. Or have firmware updates.

You can also assign a static IP address for the iPhone on your network. How to do it with your brand of router is in the owners manual or call the router makers tech support and they can walk you through how to do it. It varies by router makers.

Good Luck

Also http://www.apple.com/support

At the forum it may have other solutions.

0 Likes