Re: IPhone 5 Randomly changes date and time
RonH2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received a call back from the Verizon tech rep this morning.  She told me the changing time and date problems do come from an equipment issue.  She said that some switches needed to be replaced in certain areas.  I was told that it would not be complete until mid February.  Until that happens, I was advised to simply turn off the LTE access.  I was pleased about being called back, but terribly frustrated that this problem is going to take another month to fix.  Really don't know what our options are.  She offered me $20 credit on this month's bill.  Seems like a small concession considering how long this problem has existed and the difficulty it has caused.  She promised to call when the fix has been performed.  I will post it here.

Re: IPhone 5 Randomly changes date and time
Debbiesthemes
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem, but it isn't just Verizon. I've read the same issue is happening on Sprint phones. This could be not only switches but an Apple issue? I'm luckier than most in that this is happening infrequently, but when it's off,  even the date is sometimes way off. I use my phone as an alarm when I' m away from home, so this is a big deal for anyone who does the same.

0 Likes