I pre-ordered iphone5 using my dads upgrade. But now it says he needs to activate his phone
swinter023

I just got the iphone 5, i didnt have an upgrade so i used my dads. but now i can see on my verizon that it says his phone needs to be activate. wats the deal. i cant get hold of anyone at verizon either

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I pre-ordered iphone5 using my dads upgrade. But now it says he needs to activate his phone
Ccfl

I did the same thing and order confirmation shows the correct line I transfered upgrade to but email confirmation show the other phone line and when logging into myverizon it shows the other line too so I think we have to wait until the phone shows up to see if its the correct line.

0 Likes
Re: I pre-ordered iphone5 using my dads upgrade. But now it says he needs to activate his phone
heyitsmejosh
Contributor - Level 2

dont worry about it, when you preoder phones that kinda stuff happens.. once you get the phone call verizon and sort it out.. like i ordered mine on a new line and it made it look like i opened a new account but once i called verizon she told me not to worry about it thats just how they print out

0 Likes
Bent23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had same thing happen to me. I hope when the phone comes I don't have to go through a mess. I made sure it showed on the order screen when placing the order that it showed the alternate line but the email order confirmation shows the other line.

0 Likes
blurayfreak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same EXACT thing happened to me. I'm going to try to contact Verizon support today about this. If any of you do the same, please report your findings here.

0 Likes
I pre-ordered iphone5 using my dads upgrade. But now it says he needs to activate his phone
swinter023

Its impossible to get in touch

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

The email shows the line that the contract upgrade was for, not the line that the phone will be activated on. When you get the phone it's an easy switch if it's on the wrong line. The reason you can't get through is that a gazillion people are calling and asking questions about the iPhone. I feel sorry for those that really need Verizons help over the next few days. Same probably will happen when people start to get the iPhone.

0 Likes
houser
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm in the same boat. If anyone does find out how to actually choose which line you want to activate a new phone for, let me know. I'm afraid that I'll turn on the phone when it arrives and it will automatically activate on the wrong line, which will deactivate my other family members phone and make them a not-so-happy camper. These are Verizon's instructions for how to deal with this issue for the iPhone 4; however, I imagine they are not valid with the iPhone 5.

If anyone gets in touch with a rep, please let us know what steps we should take when the iPhone arrives to have it activate on the line we want.

0 Likes
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello community! I want to provide you with information about using an alternate upgrade. All you will need to do is complete the upgrade as normal and acitvate the phone on the number of your choice when it arrives. No changes will need to be made to your account other than the activation. You can just go www.vzw.com to complete your change.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes