I am having an issue where people cannot hear me on calls on my iphone 5. They can hear me when I use speaker phone, face time, talking to siri and talk2text work but not the regular phone. Any suggestions?
sbond0128

I am having an issue where people cannot hear me on calls on my iphone 5. They can hear me when I use speaker phone, face time, talking to siri and talk2text work but not the regular phone. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am having an issue where people cannot hear me on calls on my iphone 5. They can hear me when I use speaker phone, face time, talking to siri and talk2text work but not the regular phone. Any suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps already, sbond0128. It appears there may just be damage to the internal speaker.
Since we don't repair phones, do you have insurance to file a claim to get a replacement? http://bit.ly/07CrqPK

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am having an issue where people cannot hear me on calls on my iphone 5. They can hear me when I use speaker phone, face time, talking to siri and talk2text work but not the regular phone. Any suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure you can have a private conversation, sbond0128! Does there appear to be any dirst or lint in the headphone jack? Try plugging in headphones and removing them if available. Has there been any physical or liquid damage to the device?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
sbond0128

I actually sprayed the air can cleaner used for cleaning keyboards in the head phone jack a few times. No change in the issue. I dropped my phone a year ago and it cracked the screen but this problem just started a few days ago. No recent damage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps already, sbond0128. It appears there may just be damage to the internal speaker.
Since we don't repair phones, do you have insurance to file a claim to get a replacement? http://bit.ly/07CrqPK

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes