How do I transfer my contacts from BackUp Assistant to iPhone 5?
Leminkel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am upgrading from an Android device and have my contacts saved in the BackUp Assistant program. I'm not sure now how to get them from BackUp Assistant to my new iPhone. I've gotten to the B.A. page and it will say "Syncing" in the top right corner with a red moving bar - but it just sits there until the session eventually times out. Any help would be great!!

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I transfer my contacts from BackUp Assistant to iPhone 5?
newappleuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the same method as you, using the sync button online and it just sits there and I get some weird text to my phone. The Set Up Guide that came with  the phone says to download the VZ Contact Transfer from the App Store and follow the instructions to restore your contacts. I haven't tried it though.

View solution in original post

newappleuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the same method as you, using the sync button online and it just sits there and I get some weird text to my phone. The Set Up Guide that came with  the phone says to download the VZ Contact Transfer from the App Store and follow the instructions to restore your contacts. I haven't tried it though.

rara105
Contributor - Level 1

You need to download the VZW Contact Backup app from the app store.

TheLeopard94

Yes use the "VZ Contact Transfer" app in the App store. I used it and it worked, however, it only loaded about 5% of my contacts and they seem to be contacts from like 5 years ago. I updated "Backup assistant" on my droid every so often and did it before I transferred to the iPhone. On my Verizonwireless.com account it shows my contacts are there but I'm not sure how to transfer them over. Any help?

0 Likes
Leminkel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just downloaded and went through the steps for the VZ Contact Transfer and it seemed to work just fine. It appears I have all of my contacts that were in Backup Assistant. I will have to do my sister's phone later this afternoon, so if I have to do something different I will update. Thanks so much for the help. TheLeopard94 - I hope you can get your contacts over soon, weird that it only picked up those old ones!

0 Likes
Leminkel
Enthusiast - Level 3

VZ Contact Transfer did not work for our other iPhone. Any other ideas for how to get contacts transferred? Can Verizon do it in store? (I stopped by the store to purchase a little case and it wasn't busy this afternoon... FYI) 🙂

0 Likes
KnaveOfSpades
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZ Contact Transfer works!

0 Likes
Verizonfan1

Will that work the same with Iphone 4S

0 Likes
kaylerjone

The iPhone likes to sync with the apple programs- contacts, mail and calendar. If you are using a Mac, migrate your contacts into the contacts app, then when you first sync your phone the contacts will be on your phone.

• How to transfer Contact from iPhone to Computer( for Windows)

• How to transfer Contact from iPhone to Mac (Mac Users)

Hope it helps!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good way to do it if you haven't already done it, is to manually type in all your contacts in to your google account. that way, in the future whenever you get a new phone you can just sync it to your google account and automatically have your contacts. make sure to add them to your "my contacts" group in your google/gmail account.

It's a really handy way to transfer contact from iPhone to iPhone.

Hope it help you a big favor.

0 Likes