How do I stop my battery from draining so fast?
TeddyS

I just upgraded to a 5S and a fully charged battery lasts only 8-10 hours at best, with minimal usage. I stopped any apps running and it continues to happen. My previous phone, a 4, lasted much longer than this....days, not hours.  I've also turned it off and back on and let it run to 0%, but neither of these things helped either. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I just upgraded to a 5S and a fully charged battery lasts only 8-10 hours with minimal usage. My 4 lasted much longer than this, days, not hours. This can't be right, can it?
clg92
Enthusiast - Level 3

IPhone batteries tend to drain quickly when there is a lot going on app and setting wise.

Here are a couple of solutions that I use to help keep my battery last:

1) Turn down the brightness on your phone

2) Turn off location services (this drains SO much battery)

3) Close of out apps after you are finished using them

Battery Maintenance

1) Let your battery die to at least 15-20% before charging your phone

2) Do not keep your phone plugged into a charger all day - this could be damaging to your battery.

I hope this helps!! If not there are more tips about the IPhone on the Apple website. If you find no solution I suggest going to Apple and they might replace you phone if it's a defect. (This happened to my friend)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I just upgraded to a 5S and a fully charged battery lasts only 8-10 hours with minimal usage. My 4 lasted much longer than this, days, not hours. This can't be right, can it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
TeddyS Having a battery that last all day is so important now that we rely so heavily on our devices.  Did you already do the software update to Lollipop? If so, did you ensure that all of your applications were updated as well?

Have you tried to put your phone in Safe Mode to see if it may be one particular application that is draining your phone? 

To put your device in Safe Mode - With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Samsung Galaxy S5 logo appears then release.

With the Samsung Galaxy S5 logo on the screen, press and hold the Volume Down button (located on the left edge).

Continue to hold the Volume Down button until Safe mode appears in the lower left of the screen then release. This may take up to 45 seconds.

Please try these steps and let us know if your battery life improves.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
clg92
Enthusiast - Level 3

IPhone batteries tend to drain quickly when there is a lot going on app and setting wise.

Here are a couple of solutions that I use to help keep my battery last:

1) Turn down the brightness on your phone

2) Turn off location services (this drains SO much battery)

3) Close of out apps after you are finished using them

Battery Maintenance

1) Let your battery die to at least 15-20% before charging your phone

2) Do not keep your phone plugged into a charger all day - this could be damaging to your battery.

I hope this helps!! If not there are more tips about the IPhone on the Apple website. If you find no solution I suggest going to Apple and they might replace you phone if it's a defect. (This happened to my friend)

0 Likes