How do I block spam e-mail on my iPhone 5s?
srscherr

How do I stop spam rail from coming to my iPhone 5s?  I mark them as spam, put them in the spam fold, and I still get them

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Spam Email to iphone 5s
Not applicable

There is no way to block on a cell phone. However in the stand alone apps there are blocking options.

You can also do this from the email providers web site after you log in.

Outlook/Hotmail can be blocked from the web via your email settings.

The same holds true with Juno and AOL

Depending on your ISP you may have blocking options from them via their web portal. Road Runner, Verizon Fios, Comcast, Charter and others. You must set the blocks from the physical web site.

Now there are email apps that can block spam email right from the app. You have to research which ones have that ability.

You could hunt them down and report them or have the ISP terminate their accounts but it takes a lot of work. And NEVER reply with a remove request. It verifys your email address as valid. Spammer use software to do dictionary attacks much like phone spammers use auto dialer's to hit a valid phone number.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Spam Email to iphone 5s
Not applicable

There is no way to block on a cell phone. However in the stand alone apps there are blocking options.

You can also do this from the email providers web site after you log in.

Outlook/Hotmail can be blocked from the web via your email settings.

The same holds true with Juno and AOL

Depending on your ISP you may have blocking options from them via their web portal. Road Runner, Verizon Fios, Comcast, Charter and others. You must set the blocks from the physical web site.

Now there are email apps that can block spam email right from the app. You have to research which ones have that ability.

You could hunt them down and report them or have the ISP terminate their accounts but it takes a lot of work. And NEVER reply with a remove request. It verifys your email address as valid. Spammer use software to do dictionary attacks much like phone spammers use auto dialer's to hit a valid phone number.

Good Luck

0 Likes