How do I Activate my iPhone 5 tmo on Verizon with my AT&T Number?
MaryDSw

I bought the new iPhone on Verizon and filled in the information (during the pre-order) about my AT&T account to switch carriers. 

When I get the phone tomorrow (YAY!), what do I do to activate it? 

Should I call Verizon?

Should I turn on WiFi on the new phone and go to Apple's activation page?

Should I go to a Verizon store?  (ugh...)

Thanks for any instructions you can give me.  Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I Activate my iPhone 5 tmo on Verizon with my AT&T Number?
LolGanked
Enthusiast - Level 2

the phone will come with a set of instructions on how to activate it. Usually it is just a matter of using the new phone to dial the activation number. It will ask you for the order number, phone number, last 4 of your social, etc and then it will activate the phone.

0 Likes
MaryDSw

Thanks!

I'm camped out at home waiting for FedEx today!!

*Mary

>Post edited to remove personal info<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Just a heads up, you may not be able to activate the phone on your number until ATT completes the transfer which may or may not be completed by today. Not saying this is fact, but just giving you a maybe scenario.

0 Likes
tsbrady1
Enthusiast - Level 2

FYI... I switched from att to VZW and just activated, everything was automatic It asks if you want to activate by wi fi, iTunes or call vzw, I started with wi fi then switched to iTunes, then it finally asks you if you want to download from icloud back up which I did and all my contacts, saved e-mails, calendar etc... was all there I did not have to do anything! It was quite smooth!

0 Likes
MaryDSw

Thanks - I hope mine goes that smoothly as well.  I'm still waiting for FedEx, though....  tick tock tick tock tick tock

0 Likes