How did my bill get this expensive?
Metri96
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello to whomever this pertains, well I'm going to be as optimistic as I possibly can and contact VZW later on today. My first bill came out as $165 for one line and 2 GBB of data, so I decided to add an additional line and continue to use the 2GB line. We managed to keep it under 2GB luckily so we don't see a need to increase it. To make a long story short, we went to the VZW store someday a few weeks ago and added the line in the store, my spouse added a iPhone 4 because it was free. They made us pay the $75 in store, and said our bill should come out with only one additional charge of $35 or so for a activation fee. That's completely fine with me, so I expected my bill to be $180 or so. Nope, it came up to $253. How did this happen? I'm online trying to look at the bill and its just not letting me look at this current bill. I can only look at the $165 bill (which has already been paid), but now I need to see why this bill came up to this amount.

Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 3.05.51 AM.png

When I clicked "View Printable Bill" it shows my previous $165 bill. I refuse to pay $253 and not know why I'm paying it for.

There should be no deposit on this bill so that's out of the picture, my monthly bill was supposed to be $150/$160. I understand this second month was going to be high but damn, this is astronomically high. Maybe its just a accidental bill, the part that's really pissing me off is that I can't see what's on this bill.

Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How did my bill get this expensive?
rcschnoor
Legend

The screen shot you have posted clearly states

"We are in the process of compiling your billing statement. As a result, your bill is not yet available for viewing online and details are not yet available to our representatives. Your billing statement should be available later today, but no later than 11/14/2012"

What part of that statement would lead you to believe your bill is currently available for viewing?

As Ann has stated, your bill should be available for viewing no later than 11/14.

Edit: You are correct that you should not pay your bill prior to knowing the details. However, since your bill is not due until 12/03/2012, you have plenty of time to see those details when they become available no later than 11/14, which is still 19 days BEFORE your due date.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The answer is there is your image. The bill is currently being generated and would be available for viewing about 11/14.

Odds are you will have the $35 activation fee plus partial monthly charges for the new line and the next month charges for that new line. Without knowing what kind of plan you are on, it is hard to guess what kind of charges that may be.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The screen shot you have posted clearly states

"We are in the process of compiling your billing statement. As a result, your bill is not yet available for viewing online and details are not yet available to our representatives. Your billing statement should be available later today, but no later than 11/14/2012"

What part of that statement would lead you to believe your bill is currently available for viewing?

As Ann has stated, your bill should be available for viewing no later than 11/14.

Edit: You are correct that you should not pay your bill prior to knowing the details. However, since your bill is not due until 12/03/2012, you have plenty of time to see those details when they become available no later than 11/14, which is still 19 days BEFORE your due date.Smiley Happy

0 Likes