How can I block all "Toll Free" and other unwanted calls?
SusieMach

Yes, I know all about the "Do Not Call" list, and the laws, blah, blah, blah.... these annoying calls from 800, 866, "Unlisted", "Anonymous" and "Toll Free" still happen.  And, there is no point in trying to save one number at a time in a "Don't Answer" list, as these callers are smart and rarely use the same originating number twice.... Surely there is a way to program my phone to ignore calls by area code or selected sender names.  Does anyone know how to do this?  If any app is available, or service, I would love to hear about it and pay a lot to have this kind of protection on my phone.  Thanks for your help in this!

Susie

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I block all "Toll Free" and other unwanted calls?
Not applicable

Verizon has family safeguards for $5 a month which covers all your phones. It blocks loads of numbers.

Verizon Wireless - Verizon Safeguards

There is a feature on my iPhone 5s that you can block each number for free right from the recent call listings. "Block Number"

However I am not certain if this feature is on the cheaper 5c

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon has family safeguards for $5 a month which covers all your phones. It blocks loads of numbers.

Verizon Wireless - Verizon Safeguards

There is a feature on my iPhone 5s that you can block each number for free right from the recent call listings. "Block Number"

However I am not certain if this feature is on the cheaper 5c

Good Luck

0 Likes
555-1212
Enthusiast - Level 1

That there is no solution to blocking unwanted 8XX calls speaks volumes.  Phone companies make money from the annoying telephone solicitors - LOTS of money.   It's no wonder there isn't a desire on their part to solve the problem.

Additionally, the phone companies can charge you more for the faux solutions they do offer. 

Win-Win for them!

Did you ever wonder why telephone solicitors are allows to use source number spoofing technology with no concern on the part of any State or Federal agency?  What's to stop anyone from using that same technology to make bomb threats or other anti-social calls with no regard for number tracing?

If there is no concern then that's a BIG concern for me.  If the reason there is no concern is that there is a way to trace those spoofed calls, then why the heck isn't someone using it to track down robocallers who are clearly violating the Do Not Call list? 

The answer... there's too much money being made by them and those with the power to enforce are simply colluding with them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Unsolicited calls are always an inconvenience and we're sorry to hear you're going through this. We offer a great tool called Verizon Call Filter that can help block these type of calls. It's worked great for me! Here is a link with more information on Call Filter https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/~Christian

0 Likes