How Do I Perform A Factory Reset On My Device?
rfwamw

iphone conflicting with previous owner. How do I put it back to factory setting and start over?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone conflicting with previous owner. How do I put it back to factory setting and start over?
Weth
Legend

To start "factory fresh"

1) Settings / iCloud - Turn Find My iPhone off

2) Settings/ iCloud - scroll to bottom and click Sign Out. You will go through a confirmation process and will need the original owner to enter his or her iCloud password

3) Settings / General / Reset / Erase All Content and Settings

Now start the process of setting up the phone as new for you or restore from an previous backup if you had an iphone before. Don't restore from the other persons backup.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iphone conflicting with previous owner. How do I put it back to factory setting and start over?
Weth
Legend

How is it conflicting? Did the previous owner turn off anti theft Find My iPhone?

0 Likes
rfwamw

It was my grandaughters phone, she upgraded and i got her old iphone , now it seems we are intertwined with the cloud and some contacts and such. I'm not sure how to wipe my phone clean and if I would run into any problems since I have already been intertwineing  my info with hers.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

To start "factory fresh"

1) Settings / iCloud - Turn Find My iPhone off

2) Settings/ iCloud - scroll to bottom and click Sign Out. You will go through a confirmation process and will need the original owner to enter his or her iCloud password

3) Settings / General / Reset / Erase All Content and Settings

Now start the process of setting up the phone as new for you or restore from an previous backup if you had an iphone before. Don't restore from the other persons backup.

0 Likes