Having Problems with text messages not going through the network to my Mothers cell (TMobile) only her number out of all my contacts, need help? I tried everything and Verizon supposed to help
MikeDomo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, please help.

Since October 12th, 2013, I can receive text messages and read them on my iPhone 5 from her Samsung (T-Mobile) cell phone.

This was with iOS 7.02.

I sent a text reply back to her and she did not receive the text message. I found out that she could not receive any text messages that I send.

I deleted her as a contact on my iPhone5 and then re-added her as a contact and her cell number and that still did not work.

I then deleted her as a contact and then just put in her cell number and text her cell number and that also did not work.

I had iMessage off and MMS Messaging on and did the same as above and that still did not work. Send MMS was on and that did not work.

I also did a reset of network settings and that did not work. I did all that Verizon said to do as I did above before I call Tech Support.

Verizon gave me a ticket number and then I called back and they said it is something in the network lines and then I called Verizon back and they said we do not know what is going on.  The Verizon rep told me to call Apple at 1-800-275-2273 to help.    I called that number and it says I have to pay $9.99 or 99.99 for tech help!! Are you kidding me!

I did the iOS7 7.03 update yesterday (10/26/13) and all of the above I did again and that did not resolve the texting problem.

My mothers Samsung does not have me blocked and T-MObile verified everything is ok on their side.

I just cannot understand that my Mother's cell cannot only receive my text messages only, but all of my contacts have no problem receiving my text messages.

(When I text her cell number - I can see that on my iPhone5 that the text goes through as all of my text messages but it does no go through the network and she does not receive my text message)

Please anybody out there have this problem and resolution ???   I also went to the app store and tried to get a free text messaging app but they all stink!

Thanks,

MIke

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Having Problems with text messages not going through the network to my Mothers cell (TMobile) only her number out of all my contacts, need help? I tried everything and Verizon supposed to help
stussaar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mike!

I might have the answer. Just figured it out.

Sometimes numbers can be marked as spam in Samsung phones. THe messages get lost after a number is labeled as spam.

Tell your mother to go to her Messages app, click the Menu button, go to Settings, then SPAM. your number might be in there. get her to delete that and you should be OK!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Having Problems with text messages not going through the network to my Mothers cell (TMobile) only her number out of all my contacts, need help? I tried everything and Verizon supposed to help
stussaar
Enthusiast - Level 2

THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME TOO!

I've tried everything. Tower update, turning phone on and off, turning imessage on and off, having the individual who isn't getting my texts turn their phone on and off, everything!

I can text my friends who don't have iphones, even dumbphones.

But one person can't get my texts. I can get hers.

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE.

0 Likes
stussaar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mike!

I might have the answer. Just figured it out.

Sometimes numbers can be marked as spam in Samsung phones. THe messages get lost after a number is labeled as spam.

Tell your mother to go to her Messages app, click the Menu button, go to Settings, then SPAM. your number might be in there. get her to delete that and you should be OK!

0 Likes
MikeDomo
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANK YOU SO MUCH stussaar!

My Mother did what you said for the Spam and my number was in there about 100 times. She deleted all them. Deleted me as a contact and then rebooted, then she text me and I text her back and I went right into the Spam again. I told her to tell TMobile this so then can maybe help and remove my number from Spam on their end.\

Thanks you so much! you got us 99.999 % the way there!! Smiley Happy

I appreciate your help!!!!  I hope this worked also for your problem!!

Thanks again!!!

Mike

0 Likes
stussaar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Mike!

Glad to help anyway I can.

Check this out as well. http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5860. That might help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stussaar, this is an awful coincidence. Let's get you back connectd via text message. I recommend that you reset the network on your device in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. You will then need to disable and then enable the messaging feature in Settings>Messaging. Lastly, power your device off/on and test the messaging feature again. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MikeDomo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Stussaar,

Thanks again. My Mother called TMobile and they helped in removing my number from Spam. She had to stay on the phone and physically press and hold down the Spam and then delete my number. It worked and now we are connected!

Thanks again

Mike

0 Likes