Forcing Custoners to tiered Data
tabash
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales
representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Mary'

Mary: Hello. Thank
you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

david: im avaliable
to upgrade next month on my iphone ,if i wait until then will my unlimited data
stay and will the dicounted price be the same

Mary: You will not
be able to keep unlimited data unless you purchase at full retail.

david: well if i
pre order today it will be no different then if i wait until next month when im
eliagble. what data choices will i have

Mary: 2GB, 5GB and
10GB.

david: well if i
pre order today it will be no different then if i wait until next month when im
eliagble as far as pricing correct

Mary: It would be
full retail now because you are not eligible for an upgrade.

david: so what is
it going to be if i wait until next month when im eliagble on pricing

Mary: Ypu would
get the discounted price of $199.99.

david: for the
32gig like i have currently

$299.99.

david: so actully
theres no discount .my 4g 32gig was only 199.99

david: when i
upgrade if im in a lte area and enter a 3g area will it change to 3g

Mary: It will.

david: so actully
theres no discount .my 4g 32gig was only 199.99

Mary: for the
iPhone 5?

david: Yes thats
what i will up grade to

Mary: the 32GB is
$299.99.

david: is that
dicounted to199.99 if i wait until next month when im eliagble to up grade

Mary: no it is
$299.99 for the upgrade to a 32GBG iPhone 5.

david: what is the
price on the data packages

Mary: How many
lines do you have?

david: 2. one is
unlimited an the oyher is 2gig

2GB for$30, 5GB for $50 and 10GB for $80.

david: but im only
upgrading one line

Mary: Are you
making an order today?

david: why does
that matter if i order to day

Mary: So I can
walk you through it if you are.

david: the pricing
is differant if i upgrade today vs waiting till next month an i loss my
unlimited data

Mary: You will
lose it regardless unless you purchase at full retail price.

david: what if i
dont upgrade are they going to take the unlimited data away and force custemers
to tiered data plans

Mary: If you don't
upgrade then you will keep it.

david: ok then i
wont upgrade then its not worth lossing my unlimited data. thanks for your time

Mary: Thank you
for visiting Verizon Wireless, I look forward to speaking with you again. Have
a great evening!

Thank you for chatting with us, visit our Online Workshops to learn more about your devices. Click
"End Chat" to tell us how we did today via our survey.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Forcing Custoners to tiered Data
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

This info was officially released by VZW back when the introduced the Share Everything plans so it's not new...it's disappointing, but not a blindside at this point. As far as your argument with there not being a discount...there is. The price you pay when you are eligible for upgrade is the subsidized price (the "discount"). When you're not eligible you would have to pay full retail. For example, the price you would pay for the 32 GB today is $749. When your upgrade date hits, you can pay $299 instead. If you want to keep your unlimited data and get the new iPhone (or any new phone now) you will have to do what everyone else in the same position had to do. Either pay full retail or add a line to your account and get the new phone on the new line...then switch it to your current one and put a "dumb" phone on the new line. You will still be responsible for that line for 2 years (or have to pay ETF...or if you do it too soon you will be charged full retail for the iPhone if you don't return it within the 14 day return period), but to some it's easier to stretch out the money paid versus paying the full retail up front.

Another option for those that opt for full retail but would prefer not to pay it all at once would be to use special financing offers. If you purchase from Apple you can apply for the Barclay credit card and you will get 6 month or 12 month no interest (depends on the amount you spend total). There is also Bill Me Later, which if you're approved for it you can get 6 months no payments, no interest on Apple purchases $250 or more. There are also various credit cards you could apply for that have various intro promo rates (18 months 0% interest for example). All of those depend on your credit being good enough to qualify and you being responsible enough to make sure you pay your entire balance by the expiration date to avoid a large interest hit.

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

WTF is a loyal customer?

Do you consider VZW your loyal service provider? For as long as you have paid Verizon, you also received services from them too. Why do you expect any more than that? The "sense of entitlement" has taken over your head. WAKE UP!!

0 Likes
tabash
Enthusiast - Level 1

im very much awake thank you ,i just want to keep my unlimited data so i will not upgrade

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

This is definitely your right...I think the fact that you used "loyal customer" as if paying your bill as you are obligated to do entitles you (or any of us) into a special tier of VIP treatment when in fact, it does not. VZW fit your needs and expectations so you continued to be a customer. You met your financial obligations each month with VZW so they continued to provide you services. That's honestly where the relationship ends. I have been a customer for about 10 years or more yet I don't think I am owed something for staying. I would like if they hadn't made this change, but I know it's a business move that is occurring across the board (I believe AT&T recently ran a commercial for their new share plans...which appear to shadow VZW's. Sprint may very well follow suit at some point when they realize their business model can't maintain....unless they choose not to upgrade their network). Unlimited plans have been disappearing...I would have loved if as long as you didn't change your plan you could stay grandfathered indefinitely, but I knew eventually they would try to force as many people as possible off of the unlimited plans. At any rate, if you don't want to upgrade or pay full retail to keep you unlimited data then by all means choose what's best for you. Just don't act like you were wronged by VZW because you weren't provided an exception to the current rules (although technically, you were. They ended the unlimited data plans...they could have told us that we would lose them at the time they got rid of it...instead of giving people the option in advance to choose it before it went away. Data is a feature....as long as you have options for having some use of data then they are still providing a service. Maybe not exactly how we may want it, but the service is still available...and other providers if we're not happy with VZW).

Plus, you never know...you might be able to find some other way to get the phone you want without paying as much.

0 Likes
Drewfis12

Yea I don't have a problem per say with the new tiered plan for me it is the idiotic people working at this company that don't offer you options when you have multiple lines and than after 1 week into your new billing cycle I have used supposedly 3.7 gigs of data when I have averaged 2 the last year and a half. To that point I do not stream,mp,iPod,fb, or net flix so explain that ow so loyal VZW customer. Answer is you can't they have me on "homework" to figure out the problem. Either sprint or cricket here we come, and I will pull all 132 accounts my company has with them.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Bye. see ya.

0 Likes