Finally a VW employee with TRUE CUSTOMER SERV. SKILLS!
ladiva927
Enthusiast - Level 3

Long story condensed- ordered iPhone 5 on 9/14/12 at 10am EST- rec'd order confirmation deliver by 9/21 but order status stated ship by 9/21 but still no tracking info. Spent countless times calling VW since each CSR made up an excuse and kept telling me to check back later for an update since VW order state page kept showing" technical error-try back later" since last night. Today I was told phone being delivered by 9/26 and to call back for tracking info. I made the call and it was the worse scenario from there on. I was told my order had a "hiccup" and would not process. I was placed on hold and then CSR told me HE cancelled by order because of the hiccup with the advise of the tech. Dept. I then was placed on hold and GUARANTEED my order was being expedited for delivery on 9/26. I received by confirmation with a delivery date of 10/21. I immediately called and was told by a supervisor that he has read all the notes  and "sorry there is NOTHING he can do for me". I could not believe what was happening, I was frustrated and I tried telling him it was VW fault and he hung up on me. I decided to call back in a few hours and see if maybe the expedited shipment showed....no 10/21/12 remained and SORRY there is nothing that can be done. This time I spoke with Lavenda at VW and she acknowledge that it was in my notes and would try to assist me. I told her that I was told I could not go to the store since there was an order already and that she confirmed was false. She asked me where were some VW stores in my area and put me on hold, she MADE CALLS TO ALL THE LOCATIONS and told me where 1 store still had the white 16GB and to hurry over there. She told be not to cancel my order until I got to the store and confirmed they still had stock. I went to the store and within 20 min. My order was cancelled and new phone activated. All I can say if more employees would look at individual circumstances and take an extra step to assist the CUSTOMER then a lot of customer dissatisfaction would decrease. Thank you Lavenda!

Labels (1)
Re: Finally a VW employee with TRUE CUSTOMER SERV. SKILLS!
carpediemgal
Contributor - Level 1

Happy ending for you!  I've had no issues with Verizon.  Customer service has always been good.  Setup over the phone was a snap and I didn't have to wait long to get through.  Have you thought of sending a note to her boss?  Thye will know who she is.  I do that whenever possible in writing and ask that it be put in the permanent records.  Quality service should be recognized.  JMHO

ladiva927
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are fortunate because the customer service I received was horrible. I have been a customer for many years and I understand it was crazy during this period of the iPhone 5 BUT  there is no excuse for what occurred. The final straw was canceling my order without my consent and lieing that due to VW error I would get expediting shipping to be delivered by 9/26 and getting a confirmation date of10/21.

I am writing to VW to inform them of Lavenda along with I forming them of how I was treated by a supervisor that was extremely rude when he said " yea I see the notes, yea we canceled your order and yea what do you want me to do cause you are not getting your phone on 9/26 lady".

0 Likes
earnestnam

I had the same experience as you and was very close to terminating all my lines with Verizon. I placed an order on 9/14 close to 12:00 AM and thought I was good to go. Come Monday I check the order status and see that there is an error on the order and read other forums saying it should still be ok. Wait another day and still see the error so I call 611 and what a waste of time. The people who work those lines just want to get you off the line. Only thing they wanted to do was cancel my order. One agent saw that Verizon attempted to contact me on one of my other lines. I then called the internet sales dept the next day and first person said they see an error and nothing they could do. Call back again and the agent tells me that I have to cancel the order and place a new one and would push it up to be delivered on the 21st. Whoever that agent was deserves a raise because she saved Verizon from losing 5 lines. I was also emailing Internet Sales and on Thursday got an email that there is an issue with the payment and supposedly they tried calling me and left me a voicemail but I never got a call. I call in to straighten out the payment issue and they said they will ship out the next day. By now it's Friday and check the order status and see no tracking number. Call internet sales again and they say the order is in and would most likely get it Monday. Later that night I finally get a tracking number and see that they have shipped it and received it this morning.

It was a hassle to keep checking the status of my order and it should have been Verizon doing that on their end. They tell me it only happened to 1% of their orders so I'm thinking they need to set up a system to keep track of problem orders and keep customers in the loop.

Now another issue is this rediculous line at the VZW store at the entrance. Dropped by to pick up a case and they woldn't let me go in the store even though there were at least 4 agents just standing around. I point that out to the person who is at the door and she just tells me ok and ignores me and I leave. I don't get it, this isn't a club in Hollywood, there is no need to build up a line outside the store when it's empty inside. I know the grass isn't greener on the other side in terms of signal strength, but if customer service stays at this level it just might make me switch.

0 Likes
ladiva927
Enthusiast - Level 3
It appears it was an ongoing occurrence with VW and canceling orders and technical difficulties. I just reached  my boiling point when VW canceled my order without telling me while I was on hold on the other line. Yes I agree when calls were made they told you anything just to end the call because the excuses were pathetic.  I sympathize with you and am y others that ordered early on 9/14, with confirmed delivery BY 9/21, and literally were put through so much BS it leaves a lot to say about VW. I too intend to terminate my contract once the other 2 lines are up. By then the termination fee won't be so high.                        I ended up at a booth in the mall and the employees were very helpful to my situation. Just think that store you went to just lost a customer!
0 Likes
sueilla
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with you, carpediemgal, I've had only positive experience with Big Red and the many Lavendas on the other end of the line... that's why I left AT&T years ago (very poor customer service).  Maybe once in awhile I've had a couple of duds but I just call back until I get someone who really knows what they're doing.  Overall, my experience with Verizon is worth the price I pay for them, that's why I continue to be a loyal customer! 2 thumps up for me!

0 Likes