Dropped calls
Terri20
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the last 5 days my phone has been dropping calls, but only when in my zip code.  My family member who lives in the same zip code has a 5 month old Android phone and a different Verizon account also is having the same issue.  The calls are perfect anywhere else we go except within about 5-7 miles of our homes.  I have NEVER had this issue with Verizon until now even when traveling.  We went to a Verizon store and they changed SIM cards, but the calls are still breaking up and dropping calls as soon as we get near our home area.  Can anyone help please?  I've re-contacted the store and they basically said there was nothing else they could do except that we use a Network extender or check our phones.  It is not our phones and it's ridiculous that we would need an extender only in our zip code when for the last several years service has been great.  Something is not right or changed in our area with Verizon that is causing this. At this point we're going to change providers if this continues as we have to have working phones when home.

Labels (1)
Re: Dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have great service with us, and we certainly do not want to lose you as our customer. We are here to help.

What is the city/state you are located at, as well as the closest cross streets to you? What model phone do you have? What shows on your phone for the signal that it is getting from us? 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
SUTBAK36
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having exactly the same issue. 
Calls breaking , dropping within the same area code 845. And yes, I am considering changing providers if this does not get rectified soon. We chose verizon and pay more than other carrieries to get better service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Better service is what we’re all about, SUTBAK36. It’s disheartening to hear what’s been happening to the calls in your area. I’ve sent you a Private Note to continue working with you on this issue.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes