Dropped calls on iPhone 5s?
VivXDJ

Recently I have had many dropped calls using my iPhone 5s. My sister is also on my plan and has the iPhone 5 and has no issue. I have 4 to 5 bars when the dropped calls happen. I'm in the 43210 area on Ohio State University's campus. These dropped calls are becoming so frequent I am unable to call people. Help, please.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls on iPhone 5s?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi VivXDJ,

I apologize for the dropped calls! I checked the area and show we have coverage with no known issues are being reported. Are you mainly on the indoors when you experience dropped calls? Does your sister always use her phone in the same exact location as you do when on campus? Perhaps try a soft reset to refresh your connect to see if this helps with the signal to prevent the calls from dropping.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport   

0 Likes
VivXDJ

My sister uses her phone is various places. My phone always drops the call, regardless who I am talking with. I have been indoors and outdoors when I dropped calls. I have reset my phone a few times, but the problem still persists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's reprogram your phone VivXDJ! This reconnects the phone to the network and may improve your wireless experience. To reprogram please remove the SIM card http://vz.to/1hF0fs3 for one minute, then replace and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
bhigh8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have had tons of dropped calls.  I had an iphone 4 and never once had a dropped call.  I got an iphone 5 and about 40 % of the calls in my house are dropped.  Verizon has replaced the phone and its still happens.  they tried a new sim card but it didn't help.  I just got a 5S hoping it would be better but its not.  it has to be the aluminum phone.  I have a blackberry that never drops at home.  I have lived in this house for 8 yrs and never had this issue.  my only option is to change carriers since I want to keep apple.  I have never really had anyone call me back regarding research on the phone.  so disappointed.  Verizon blames apple and apple blames Verizon. meanwhile I cant call or take calls from my house.  been an absolute horrible experience.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bhigh8,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your device. We certainly want you to always have great service. Do you have other phones on the account that do not have issues? Structural interference can affect phones differently. Have you looked into this option? I am sure we can find a resolution together, so keep us updated on this information.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

0 Likes
bhigh8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a work blackberry that never has issues and we have an iphone 4 that never has a problem.  I have lived here for 8 years and the previous phone have never had any issues.  just the Iphone 5 and now the 5S.  My zip code is 61761 and has never really had any known issues.

Thanks

Bryan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the clarity bhigh8! Let's look further into this. Does the iPhone 5s have a case on it? If so, do you notice a difference in call service when using the device without the case? Does the iPhone 5s drop calls outdoors or only in your home? Please share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes
bhigh8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most of the time it has a case on it but I have tried using without a case and its still dropped calls.  I have also tried going hands free so I wouldn't interfere with signal and it still dropped.  I have had dropped calls on my deck and porch also but the majority of the dropped calls are in my house. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bhigh8,

Thank you for the clarification. We greatly appreciate it. We would want you to reset your network settings. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1dTrHxE

RobinD_VZW
VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes