Does the manufacturer warranty cover a cracked screen?
Mgardner01

I dropped my iPhone and the screen cracked does the warranty cover that?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cracked iPhone 5c
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mgardner01-

Oh goodness.  I'm sorry to hear your screen cracked.  The manufacturer warranty doesn't provided coverage for a cracked screen.  You would have to file an insurance claim to receive a replacement phone.  You can check if you have insurance when you sign into your My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc account here.  Another option would be to take the phone to a local Apple store and they can inspect your phone and advise how much they would charge to replace your screen.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The standard 1 year warranty only covers hardware, not user accidents. However if you bought insurance on the device you can utilize that. I've seen some places online and local that will replace your screen for about the same amount of an insurance deductible if you'd rather not have a refurbished phone. Depending on the model you have and your handman skills you could possibly even replace the screen yourself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mgardner01-

Oh goodness.  I'm sorry to hear your screen cracked.  The manufacturer warranty doesn't provided coverage for a cracked screen.  You would have to file an insurance claim to receive a replacement phone.  You can check if you have insurance when you sign into your My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc account here.  Another option would be to take the phone to a local Apple store and they can inspect your phone and advise how much they would charge to replace your screen.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Robbyl

Ah. Too bad Verizon didn't mention that when they sold the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robbyl Sorry to learn you were not aware of the warranty. It is on the contract for your review if you need it. We would be happy to help you look at replacement options. Is this something you would like to do? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes