Delete emails from server when removed from phone inbox
kensart
Enthusiast - Level 1

I want my server (Verizon Yahoo) to trash and delete messages when I trash or delete them on my 5s. I have gone into my Verizon account on the phone, made sure Trash was selected rather than Archive, selected "Delete from server..."when removed from inbox"", restarted, etc. Everything else works in the account, and when I delete on the server, it is deleted on the phone. I want emails to delete from the server when I remove them from the phone's inbox. Supposed to happen, but doesn't.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Delete emails from server when removed from phone inbox
MAD21
Enthusiast - Level 3

For sure you do....but Verizon may be in a tight spot here. Just last week the Federal Govt revised the method by which my former employer (NSA) retains access to your emails.

For your protection, all correspondence (written and spoken) is archived somewhere. The new place is in limbo - so I suspect all phone companies are covering their behinds until the new plan has been clarified to them. In the immediate past, a massive server farm in Maryland held all that data. It is in a new state of transition and I suspect that your desire is just not possible at this time. I suspect that it can be hidden but not deleted.

kensart
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't very clear, I guess. What I want to do is Trash or Trash>Delete emails on my iPhone 5s and have them go away from the inbox on my Verizon/Yahoo server. That does not happen now, even though I have set the setting on my phone to do so. All the stuff in my inbox on the server reappears the next time my phone inquires, including the emails I've sent to Trash (on the phone) and those I've Trash>Deleted there. Not too worried about permanent, real, NSA-type deletion, because that just isn't going to happen - I am worried about the poor agent at NSA who has to read my boring, mundane emails, though. I just don't want to see stuff I've Deleted from my phone's inbox come back to the inbox. Zombiemail!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kensart

I compeletely understand how important it is for your emails to stay deleted. I never want all that extra spam to come back to haunt my inbox! Have you been able to delete the email account http://vz.to/1kj8TkG and re-add it? Is it set up as a POP account? Using the pre-installed mail app?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes