Deactivation of a phone
AUDRIANAJOSHUA2013

I just got my iPhone 5c in the mail and so I followed the steps to activate it but now I have both my iPhone 4 and my iPhone 5c activated under the same number. Can someone help me? How do I deactivate my iPhone 4? Thank you!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Deactivation of a phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's definitely a possibility.

Even after a 3G only phone after it is deactivated will show a signal connection. I would suggest turning off the iPhone 4 for at least 24-48 hours and while it is off test the new iPhone to be sure it is working. Then you can turn on the old phone and put it in airplane mode so it isn't constantly showing a cellular signal. You can turn the wifi radio separately to access the web while in airplane mode.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you turn OFF the iPhone 4 prior to activating the other phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AUDRIANAJOSHUA2013

No I did not. But maybe I didn't fully activate my new phone? it shows I have a signal on both phones.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's definitely a possibility.

Even after a 3G only phone after it is deactivated will show a signal connection. I would suggest turning off the iPhone 4 for at least 24-48 hours and while it is off test the new iPhone to be sure it is working. Then you can turn on the old phone and put it in airplane mode so it isn't constantly showing a cellular signal. You can turn the wifi radio separately to access the web while in airplane mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AUDRIANAJOSHUA2013,

Congrats on getting the new iPhone 5C! This is a device that I'm sure that you'll love. May I ask what color did you get? When deactivating your old iPhone, keep in mind that you also want to sign out of your Apple ID as well. Did you try the suggestions that Ann154 provided. Thanks Ann154! If you are still having issues then please update us on your status so we can help.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
llipphi

Is deactivating and disconnecting same?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be wondering the same thing lliphi. I would love to help clarify this for you. This will all depend on how you use these terms. Can you tell me more about what you are trying to do?  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes