Deactivating my phone
4s5s

I have removed all my data on my iPhone 4s and set up my new iPhone 5s but do I need to still deactivate my service?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Deactivating my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

4s5s,

Lets make sure your iPhone service is completely switched to your new iPhone 5s! Was this a brand new line of service that was opened or were you keeping the same number but putting a new phone on it?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
4s5s

II'm keeping the same number and putting this new phone on it.

0 Likes
SeriouslyLainey
Contributor - Level 1

If you're switching devices - be sure to log onto your Verizon account and follow the steps to switch.  If the old device is to be returned to Verizon, or if you plan to sell it, you'll need to log onto your iCloud account and remove the device from your account so that it can be reactivated in the future.  Then turn the Find My Phone feature OFF on the phone before erasing all content and data.  You can find specific instructions by logging onto your iCloud account. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Because the iPhone 4S is a CDMA 3G only smartphone, it will retain the phone number in the settings even if a different phone has been activated on that line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes