Customer Complaint
jlapointe

I have had one of the worst experiences that I have ever had with Verizon Wireless today. I called earlier this afternoon, because my phone ear piece would not work. I couldn't hear anyone calling me, unless I put them on speaker phone. Well - someone from the Technical Support department assisted me, but - I was unable to access a Wifi signal during the call in order to update my iPhone to the latest software. The representative then proceeded to offer a call back within the next hour. Well - no call back was received. I had ran every "troubleshooting" activity that was thrown at me, and nothing worked. I finally got in contact with someone who actually helped me, but - it was too late to receive a new phone by tomorrow: TOO LATE. Now - if the FIRST representative returned my call as discussed, then I would have had a new phone by tomorrow. Well - after this initial frustration and 3 phone calls later with Verizon representatives I encountered yet another problem: my phone wouldn't charge after updating to the "necessary" update the FIRST technical support guy suggested. None of my chargers would work. I then had to call Verizon YET AGAIN, only to be put on hold for an hour: AN HOUR. I got my phone charger to work for now, but - I have never been so unsatisfied with this company. Honestly - this encounter today has made me consider changing providers when my plan is up.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Complaint
Not applicable

First off Verizon does not make your device. Apple does.

all you had to do is go into an Apple Store and the issue would have been fixed or phone replaced with the one year warranty.

verizon when they swap devices it's a a courtesy to the customer. However if that device on return does not charge, Verizon will charge your wireless account for a load of money.

so if you want to leave I would say just do it. Your anger is misplaced. No carrier would be any different.

Good Luck

0 Likes
jlapointe

Honestly - I wasn't looking for a snarky response. I have complained to Apple before. And - my phone is no longer under their warranty. My main point of irritation was because the first individual I spoke with didn't have the decency to return my call, making it so I was stuck with a phone that doesn't charge as well as lacking the ability to hear calls all weekend. So - thanks for your rude reply.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Nothing rude meant. Verizon rarely if ever returns calls. Additionally you did not say the phone was out of warranty.

When you think about it since its out of warranty it is not going to be fixed unless you pay for it.

You will be told that Verizon will want to sell you another device either new or refurbished.

You could buy off of http://www.swappa.com or eBay or even Craig's List. Not much can be done for a broken device.

Verizon could offer you the edge program if qualified.

But you cannot blame the carrier for a broken device.

Good Luck

0 Likes
baitswitch

Has anyone else been baited & switched by VERIZON?  We were bugged about going with the "early edge? " upgrade so we discussed it and thought it might be a good idea.  We were assured that we were qualified on several occasions. Saturday we had my 81 year old mother  meet us at the  Verizon store.  After juggling several conditions,  I said ,"Let's do this." The same CSR who had helped us in the past pulled up our account and noticed it was not available for us anymore.

I'm currently weighing my options,  but am seriously considering using another carrier for data.

0 Likes
baitswitch

Verizon must have hired U.S. CELLULAR to ignore the complaints.

0 Likes
Not applicable

How are you baited and switched? Normally you have to be out of contract to even get on Edge. Twice they have run a promo where you could get on Edge early even if still under contract under certain circumstances. Those promos are temporary. No doubt Verizon will have another before too long

0 Likes