Costa Rica
royintahoe

I am in Costa Rica and am getting a "No Service" msg on my iPhone 5. I have international roaming on my account. Any ideas as to how to fix this would be very welcome.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Costa Rica
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Royintahoe!

Oh wow! Costa Rica sounds awesome! I know how important it is to have properly working device, especially while traveling. Let's get this fixed. Try resetting the Network settings on the device. Go to settings>general>reset>reset network settings. You can also reach out to our Global Support Team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 908-559-4899. Generally you'll need to dial the exit code for the country you're in, followed by the number. This call is airtime and toll-free when dialed from a Verizon Wireless phone. Hope this helps!

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
heartlandbill

We'd appreciate guidance on how to be prepared to use the Verizon iPhone 5 in Costa Rica.  We'll be at Playa Conchal in the northwest corner.  Will we be able to use or regular phone number?  What are the roaming charges?  And what is the "exit code" for Costa Rica if we need to call Global Support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Heartlandbill,

Good morning. Your upcoming trip to Costa Rica sounds very exciting. I understand the importance of ensuring you are aware of using your phone while out of the country. It would be my pleasure to explain your roaming concerns.

I am happy to inform you that your iPhone 5 will work while in Costa Rica. A feature called International Dialing allowed feature will be required to be added prior to leaving the U.S. This feature is free of charge and will simply allow you to make and receive phone calls while out of the country. When making a phone call while in Costa Rica the cost is $2.89 per minute. The exit code would be the sign. We also offer a voice value plan that would reduce the per minute rate when making and receiving phone calls while in Costa Rica. The voice value plan is $4.99 for the month and will reduce the per minute rate to $2.29. Sending a text message is $.50 cents to send and $.05 cents to receive. Sending and receiveing a picture message is $.50 cents to send and $.25 cents to receive. However, I would recommend not sending any pictures due to data usage used when sending a picture.

Since you have a smartphone device, it will continue to connect to data. Unfortunately, there is no data plan to cover usage while in Costa Rica. You have the option to turn the data off directly from the handset to avoid high data roaming charges. The pay as you go data rate while in Costa Rica is $20.48 per MB, which can be very costly. To turn the data features off on your phone simply tap Settings>General>Cellular>Turn Cellular Data off>Enable LTE off>Tap Roaming>Turn Data roaming off>International CDMA off. Should you need further assistance with turning off the data roaming and or to add the International Dialing allowed feature, please contact our Customer Service Department at 1800-922-0204. Should you have difficulites with using your phone while in Costa Rica, you may contact our Global Support Team at (908) 559-4899. I have also included a link for further information regarding international roaming in Costa Rica and dialing instructions. http://vz.to/n9PFe9 Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. We would be more than happy to assist you.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes