Change to Share Everything plan first? Or pre-order iPhone 5 first?
SharonKay7

When I attempt to upgrade to the iPhone 5 (been eligible since February, just waiting for this version to be released!) it won't let me upgrade to the Share Everything plan. It only allows me to upgrade my current Family Share 700 plan since my unlimited data package will no longer be available. Should I upgrade my plan first separately, and then pre-order the device? If I do so, and choose for it to commence on the first day of my new billing cycle (Sept 19), and then try to order the device, will it still think that I need to upgrade my plan since technically the new one won't be in place yet? Better to go ahead and upgrade the plan effective today and pro-rate the usage? I barely have over 1 GB of data usage currently so I'm not concerned about the pro-ration. Please help! Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Change to Share Everything plan first? Or pre-order iPhone 5 first?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't have to switch to the Share Everything plan.  You can just change your data package on your Family Share plan to one of the tiered plans (i.e., $30 for 2 gb) if you prefer. 

0 Likes
Suko

DO NOT CHANGE TO SHARE PLAN FIRST! I did it last night, and now I cannot preorder the iPhone because the process is still pending. I spoke to a Verizon Rep and they told me I should have preordered first, then changed afterwards. At this point, I'm stuck waiting until the change goes through before I can preorder. Don't do the same mistake I did.

0 Likes
kenmcc

I made this same mistake this morning.  I have 4 lines on a family share plan and went to change to a share everything plan and then it wouldn't allow me to pre-order the iPhone 5 since I had a pending change.  I had called Verizon Support and they removed that change so I could pre-order the phones first.  I will change the plan later.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SharonKay7!  You're selecting a great device and plan!  If you're still having problems or questions changing plans, I am here to help!  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes