Certain number not receiving text messages
ssalem708
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having a problem with my phone where a single number will not receive any text messages sent from my number. I receive any texts from him without any issue, and we can both call each other as well. I am on Verizon, an iphone 5 with the latest software (7.1). He is on AT&T with an android device. He does not and has never had an iphone on his account, so I know it's nothing to do with iMessage (I have turned iMessage on and off as well to no avail). We have both deleted groupme or other messaging systems that other help threads I've seen online blame as the problem. I have not had this problem with anyone else in my contacts, and it seems to have started out of nowhere.

Labels (1)
Re: Certain number not receiving text messages
ssalem708
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello? anything?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Turn on send as SMS in the settings. Then try sending another message.

Good Luck

rcschnoor
Legend

When you send a message from your phone, is the bubble around the message blue or green? If it is blue, your phone is attempting to send it via iMessage to a phone which cannot access iMessage.

If the bubble is blue, do you get a warning message that the message cannot be sent(or some other message to that effect)? If so, there should be a little question mark/asterisk next to the warning. Touch that and you should get an option to send as an SMS. Do that, but this also points out the fact that you do not have SMS enabled on your phone.

Go into the settings, under iMessage (or Messages, I can't remember which it is) and make sure that send as SMS if iMessage is unavailable is checked.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Gee I wish I said that?

ssalem708
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the replies.

Send as SMS under settings > messages is on, and has always been on. The messages are green, as they are not imessages. I am getting no error message whatsoever when I try to send the messages. I ihave also deleted and re added the contact multiple times as well.

0 Likes
ssalem708
Enthusiast - Level 2

You did say it first, technically. But send as SMS has always been enabled.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ha ha my reply was not towards you. I was kidding around with RC

Good Luck

dbjoz

im having the same issue.  my sis can call me and she receives my text messages from my android,  but she can not send them back to me with her apple.  help

0 Likes