Can't send photo texts on Iphone 5?!
phoenixflame1993

I can't seem to send photo texts on my Iphone 5. I was able to send a photo to another friend with an Iphone but not to anyone else. The sending bar loads almost to the end, but stops right before it hits the end and it says "not delivered". Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to resolve this?? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send photo texts on Iphone 5?!
tashrocca
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so after extensive research online I found the simplest solution to this problem.

All I did was go to general and reset Then only reset settings which does not erase any data or content but reset things like your background and ringtone and other minor settings. Took less then 5 minutes to do and now my picture mms work with no problems.

View solution in original post

tashrocca
Enthusiast - Level 2

same issue here

0 Likes
Can't send photo texts on Iphone 5?!
phoenixflame1993

does anyone know how to resolve this? 😮 my mms is on and I did not port my number from another carrier

0 Likes
Pariyah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found this on old forums for the 4S on the Apple site. Sounds like the exact issue of what you have going on. Click the link and check out NigilM's response. See if this will work for you.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3896028?start=0&tstart=0

0 Likes
BigErnM
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue with my iPhone 5. I could receive messages fine but couldn't send. I had ported my number over from Sprint and restored my phone from a backup of a jailbroken unlocked iPhone I was using on T-mobile's service.  I spent about an hour with verizon customer support and tried all of their ideas but nothing worked.  I finally tried resetting network settings which did nothing.  The solution for me ended up being erasing all data and settings on the phone under the Settings->General->Reset->Erase All Content and Settings and setting it up as a new phone.  Then my MMS messages would go through instead of hanging at the end and saying "Not delivered" like yours.

I have since been informed that you may be able to use Settings->General->Reset->Reset all settings instead.  Probably better to try that way first before erasing all content.

tashrocca
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I do this reset and restore the phone as a new phone is there a way to get all my contacts pictures and music back into my phone?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
BigErnM
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have synced your contacts, pictures and music with iTunes or iCloud they will get synced to the phone again.  For pictures on your camera roll you need to save those yourself somewhere.  I had to manually transfer my camera roll pictures back one at a time to get them back under the camera roll.  If you don't care if they are just in your photo library you can just drag them all into a folder and add it to your iTunes picture library.

0 Likes
mper900

Just got off the phone myself with customer service, They are sending me a new simcard, they don't know what is going on either, I have 2 iPhone 5 and they both have them same problem, Ive even restored my phone to factory and no luck, Hope the new simcard works, ill keep you guys posted.

0 Likes
tashrocca
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so after extensive research online I found the simplest solution to this problem.

All I did was go to general and reset Then only reset settings which does not erase any data or content but reset things like your background and ringtone and other minor settings. Took less then 5 minutes to do and now my picture mms work with no problems.

Arbagel
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you have an app called Onavo on your phone that is the cause.  Delete it and the profile from your phone and then turn phone off and on.  That should correct the problem.

0 Likes