Can't make or receive calls
cowbird69
5-14-2020
My iphone 5 has recently stopped receiving calls and will not allow me to make calls.  This only happens when I am at work!!  My phone shows No Service for calls, yet I can get online and send/receive text messages.  There are several other people who use Verizon in the building and they are having no issues. 

I did a live chat yesterday with a Verizon rep and I did a reset, powered down the phone; the rep even did updates from his/her side.  Still No Service.  The rep shows that I am connecting to the network.  I have powered down the phone, removed the SIM card, replaced it back in the phone and re-powered it.  No Service.  If it was a SIM card issue, I don't believe it I would be able to make calls everywhere but my office building.  I literally made a point this morning of staying on the phone from the time I left home until I got to work.  I had perfect call reception until I got about 200 feet from my office building.  The call dropped and then the phone showed No Service. 

I'm not great with cellular issues, but surely this has something to do with Wi-Fi in the building.

Any suggestions other than what has already been done?

Labels

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't make or receive calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your device and service efficiently is important, and we are here to ensure that is the case. Please meet us in a Private Note for assistance. We will stand by. AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes